Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
- Ability to manage multiple DOJ customer requests, tasks, and projects (investigations/document reviews).
- Ability to anticipate litigation support needs and develop and execute detailed plans.
- Ability to manage large projects.
- Utilize electronic and evidence management and discovery production processes and tools, such as Relativity, to support investigations.
- Serves as the Government's primary point of contact, and provides direct supervision of the contractor staff, as well as required reporting/administration.
- Consults, meets, and coordinates regularly with Division management and attorneys regarding individual case assignments and the execution of Division initiatives.
- Interfaces with the Division's Litigation Support Section to coordinate on the technical/data processing aspects of matters.
- Performs an active quality assurance role to ensure high-quality work is delivered on time.
- Tracks performance metrics on quantity and quality of the review performed by the Law Clerks and reports to the Government as to the status of review progress. Provides additional training and counseling to staff as necessary to meet the required performance metrics.
- Familiarity with federal investigations and trials is highly desirable.
- These positions are fully remote, but with a requirement to come into the office as needed (subject to change).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
- At least four years of progressively more responsible experience in major litigation support projects, including at least one year of Project Manager experience or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous complex and time-critical litigation support activities simultaneously, including technical/data processing support activities and cases involving e-discovery.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with attorneys on complex support activities.
- Requires expert knowledge of litigation support; outstanding writing skills; outstanding oral communication skills; excellent management skills.
- Previous experience supervising document reviews.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Government’s and Contractor’s IT environment in which the work is to be performed, as well as Contractor’s “standard solutions” for e-discovery, e.g., Relativity.
- Must be able to anticipate litigation support needs and develop and execute detailed plans for addressing needs.
- Should have knowledge of the Government’s office and network environment, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheet, imaging, hardware systems and document review platforms.
- Undergraduate degree required; Substantial significant experience may in some cases be substituted for degree requirement.
- Management of large document review.
- Law degree, advanced technical certification, or other pertinent graduate degree preferred.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.