Senior Project Manager
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Senior Project Manager
Experience | Passion | Purpose
Senior Project Manager
Amentum is a premier global government and private-sector partner whose experience, passion and purpose drive mission success.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager in Alice Springs, NT Australia. If you are looking for a relaxed, community focused lifestyle, work/life balance, a Company that invests in maintaining and developing you and your career, and to work with an exceptional group of friendly, talented people we encourage you to join our team.
The Senior Project Manager will work as part of the larger Amentum Projects and Construction team in achieving Project and Program success through coordinated delivery of a program of works.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing a team of Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Project Controllers toward meeting portfolio budget, schedule and quality targets. The Senior Project Manager will provide technical, budget, schedule and safety guidance to subcontractors, stakeholders and the client in all aspects of a project’s lifecycle and the lifecycle of projects within their portfolio.
The Senior Project manager will report directly to the Manager and Deputy Manager Projects and Construction. The Senior Project Manager will need to work in a team environment, interacting with site stakeholders on a daily basis. A helpful, professional approach is required at all times.
- Manage a construction portfolio to achieve Company, Department and Program objectives in regard to budget, schedule and quality targets
Responsible for the management of staff within their portfolio. This will include Project Managers, Project Coordinators and Project Controllers. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for day-to-day task management as well as performance management of the staff within their portfolio.
Provide support, technical advice and direction for Projects within the construction portfolio. Provide high level coordination, liaison and communication with internal and external stakeholders to enable the Project and Portfolio works to occur.
Provides support to the Proposals team prior to, during and following tenders. These tasks include the drafting of a Statement of Work and Response Schedule, bid analysis, organizing project documentation, providing vendor feedback and supporting contract negotiations.
Develop and implement the Project Management Plan for all phases of the project (Project Initiation, Project Execution, Construction, etc.) and communicates and coordinates the implementation of the plan with the project team..
Manage the Project Scope, ensuring adherence to the contractual baseline defined in the approved statement of work and contract. Conduct weekly meetings with the Subcontractor and customer representative.
Establish, track and report status against key performance indicators or contractual metrics on a routine basis. Identify potential project problems or opportunities, analyze the issues using all appropriate resources, develop alternatives, and arrive at the most optimum approach to mitigate problems or exploit opportunities.
Understand site requirements, specifically the implementation of US versus Australian design standards and CONUS versus OCONUS procurement.
Ensure compliance with all sites environmental health and safety requirement.
Any other reasonable duties as requested
- Undergraduate Degree or,
- Equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Field: Engineering, Construction or Project Management or other relevant discipline
- Post Graduate Qualifications Field: Engineering, Construction or Project Management or other relevant discipline
EXPERIENCE – Minimum Essential
- Demonstrated 10+ year’s relative experience applicable in field of operations, maintenance, and construction or engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to manage both subcontractors and consultants.
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience and understanding of schedule, scope and budget management.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with a client and complex matrix of WORK ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL DEMANDS, AND MENTAL DEMANDS
- The position is desk based and sedentary in nature, the ability to lift items up to 5kgs may be required occasionally.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT
- It is a condition of employment at JDFPG that employees obtain and retain the appropriate level of security clearance and medical clearance applicable to each role. The employee will require a Top-Secret Positive Vetting (TSPV) Department of Defence Security Clearance (Australian) or TS/SCI (U.S.) clearance.
STATEMENT OF WORK REQUIREMENTS
All personnel assigned to work shall be:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Able to fluently read, write and speak English
All Amentum personnel are responsible for understanding and complying with all site environmental, health and safety requirements. While Amentum is responsible for providing a safe workplace and is responsible for ensuring compliance with requirements of the JDFPG Handbook, each person is responsible for:
- Completing work tasks in a safe manner
- Reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to their supervisor and/or PMO/EHS Manager
- Continuous adherence to the environmental, health and safety procedures outlined in the JDFPG Handbook during the performance of their work
- Red-Carding a Job - Employee right and responsibility to “STOP WORK” if a job is unsafe or possess a danger to the environment
Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Program and carry out job activities in compliance with the Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand their Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to their job.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.