Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.
We a currently recruiting for a Project Manager to join the business and support a portfolio of projects.
Amentum provides end to end project services, notably the design, manufacturing and installation of bespoke engineering solutions in Nuclear and Highly Regulated sectors.
The projects will vary in value and will require you to support bid development, working with teaming partners, building relationships with customer and being comfortable leading and managing the design phase as well as the installation and decommissioning phases of projects.
As Project Manager you will have responsibility for the safe, successful delivery of the project, controlling scope and ensuring you deliver milestones and complete on time, within budget and finished to the highest standard.
- Managing the overall operational and commercial aspects, delivering projects safely, on time, within budget and to the required quality standards.
- Developing project scope, execution strategies, schedules, resource requirements, estimates, costs to complete, risks and opportunity management, contingency planning, monitoring and control.
- Supporting the delivery teams to meet project goals and plan managing day to day operational duties.
- Monitoring project progress and reporting on site progress to project team and the Client Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Ensuring safe and effective daily operations.
- Develop governance structures, building teams, relationships and stakeholder confidence.
- Manage and implement application of best practice in managing complex programme in a bespoke environment.
- Ideally Degree Qualified or HND in engineering discipline
- Project Management Qualification i.e. Prince2, APMP or equivalent
- Previous experience in the Project Management of Nuclear projects
- Proven experience in delivering projects of over £1 million.
- Commercial awareness with focus on cost management
- Proven excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing work environment Previous experience of managing high value projects
- Proven knowledge of nuclear site decommissioning and waste mangement
You will be eligible for UK SC security clearance.
Amentum are an equals opportunities employer.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.