Deputy Project Manager
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Deputy Project Manager
Reports to the Civil Engineering Manager. Responsible for RSS II Civil Engineering Operations throughout Nevada Test & Training Range (NTTR) to include maintenance, repair, renovation and construction of contract assets to include Real Property (RP), Real Property Installed Equipment (RPIE) and Real Property Similar Equipment (RPSE). Oversees design, procurement, and construction projects using in-house resources or subcontractors. The Deputy CE Manager will maintain continuous interface with Civil Engineering Manager and provides input to the RSS II Program Integration Council (PIC) in scheduling, de-conflicting, and prioritization of work utilizing CE resources. Responsible for complete Facilities Operations & Maintenance and construction and Civil Engineering support. Scope of responsibilities may include multiple new projects annually consisting of new construction and add-on construction projects.
- Work cooperatively and professionally with the CE Manager and all personnel on the contract. Coordinate and share best practices with other Deputy CE Managers, superintendents, and other management and supervisory personnel. Provide guidance and technical direction of RSS II CE under your direction and in a specific region of NTTR supporting contract operations: responsible for the quality and performance of work.
- Ensure all work is performed IAW contract directives, establish and maintain work management procedures.
- Coordinate and work with the Project Manager overseeing the new construction and renovation work effort.
- Performs all necessary management functions in order to plan, implement, track, report, and deliver required services. These services shall assure the accomplishment of program schedule requirements.
- Employs a responsive and efficient process to respond to IDIQ Task Orders when support services are required.
- Implements a Risk Management Plan associated with the aforementioned activities.
- Develops, maintains, and reports performance metrics which effectively measure the level of performance in execution of the SOW and IDIQ Task Orders.
- Monitor CE procedures and analyze work trends in your area of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain integrity and utilization of CE Maximo database and collaborate with IT in report development pertaining to CE Operations.
- Centralize receipt, planning and reporting of CE work requirements.
- Responsible for reporting and obtaining Government approval of Preventative Maintenance and/or Construction Management tasks.
- Responsible for project execution by in-house resources, sub-contract and/or other providers to include project development, narratives, sketches, drawings, detailed schedules, milestones, materials, estimated performance periods, execution, progress documentation, and closeout documentation. Prepare all project documentation within 30 days of project execution and completion.
- Develop engineering packages, working with RSS II Contracting in submittal, contractor selection, execution, and project oversight.
- Responsible to manage, maintain, and update government-provided as-built drawings and related items such as AutoCAD files, maps, plans, sketches, and surveys to meet contract requirements.
- Responsible for Real Property asset management, inventory, accountability and documentation IAW contract and government regulatory requirements.
- Educate external customers of CE processes and contractual requirements, interface and facilitate with customers and government agencies.
- Manage preventative maintenance program.
- Ensure CE CDRLs are accomplished, delivered on time, content is accurate and formatted IAW contract DID instructions.
- Responsible for facility manager training and, maintaining accurate up to date facility manager listings.
- Responsible for development and delivery of CE Status Report to identify PM, CM, and WO status, impact and solutions for issues impacting customer missions.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent combination of academic/technical training.
- Possess 15 years’ experience in field construction supervision or demonstrated equivalent including demonstrated management and leadership applicable in field of Facility Operations & Maintenance, Construction, and Civil Engineering. This includes experience in engineering and administration in the operation and maintenance of industrial or military facilities and in the organization and implementation of design and construction programs.
- Must have working knowledge of AutoCAD and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Possess knowledge of contract SOW, CDRLs, PLA, CBAs, and company policies/procedures.
- Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required. Knowledge and experience in Maximo desired.
- Qualify for and maintain a government Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Possess a valid state issued driver’s license.
- Position requires routine travel to contract operation sites.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Outdoor environment with exposure to weather; walking on uneven ground; lifting; carrying; griping; constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents; constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness; must possess planning/organizing skills; must use required personal protective equipment; and must be able to work under deadlines.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.