In Country Embassy Program Manager
Amentum is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, Amentum supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. Amentum has a workforce of approximately 57,000 people in over 70 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Germantown, Maryland.
The Program Manager (PM) oversees the operations and ensures the high-level performance activities and results for the services provided to the US Government (USG) Client. This person has key responsibilities in ensuring all aspects of the project’s operations including USG staff satisfaction.
DECISION MAKING: Must be able to work without close supervision. Required to make decisions based upon broad guidelines, practical experience, and sound business judgment.
SUPERVISION: Reports directly to the Deputy/Program Manager in the US. The PM is responsible for ensuring full operational and financial success is achieved from the project operations.
PROBLEM SOLVING: PM role requires the ability to solve complex problems involving multiple functional areas of operations, logistics, and administration. Client retention may depend on problem solving skills. Judgment is required to determine best methods or resolutions for problems presented.
COMMUNICATION: Regular contact with Client as well as service providers, personnel, and management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Primary face-to-face representative to each local U.S. Client
- Manages customer relationship while ensuring adherence to the contract, local laws and company policies and processes
- Ensures positive Client satisfaction from Local and Headquarter US staff
- Works with local Client staff to understand service issues/improvements and recommend appropriate course of action
- Manages operational team and service delivery staff to ensure service levels and contract objectives are met
- Manages complex core business processes
- Evaluates existing solution and guides process improvement initiatives to gain efficiencies, increase quality, improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs
- Understands and clearly documents change request requirements
- Coordinates and communicates with other managers and global PMO in the U.S. to leverage resources and discuss solutions to problems
- Develops and manages project plans, budgets and work schedules
- Responsible for weekly and monthly performance and SLA reporting to internal PMO and customer
- Oversight and management of subcontractors to ensure Client project requirements are met
- Manages vendor delivery in accordance with contract specifications
- Identifies any vendor performance issues and actively manages corrective action plan to ensure the issues are resolved
- Manages remotely located staff
- Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product
- Provides problem solving skills in support of the Project
- Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions
- Ensure financial success of the Project delivering on Revenue and Operating Income expectations
- Tracks and analyzes complex cost and revenue trends
- Monitors spending for adherence to budget, reconciles variances as necessary
- Proactively seeks ways to improve program cost/revenue structures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience; Advanced degree and/or PMP preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, business management, information technology, computer technology or related field preferred
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an MRPT/RSO security clearance.
- Must have a high level of proficiency in speaking, writing and understanding the English language
- Eight (8) years of progressive experience managing the implementation, execution and oversight of projects similar in size, scope and complexity of this contract, including three (3) years leading diverse teams to foster customer service, innovative solutions and proactive communication
- Experience with US Consulate/Embassy/Mission/Post support is desirable
- Work with Clients to identify areas for improvement of local projects, to include by not limited to customizing options within vendor system
- Visit Client facilities to conduct training with USG staff on vendor system
- Conduct ongoing identification, evaluation, quantification and mitigation of local and regional risks
- Manage customer service surveys, analyze responses and direct corrective actions to the team as needed
- Supervise staff and vendor employees
- Track up-to-date clearance status for all contract employees specific to your region
- Manage physical site inspections, both scheduled and random
- Experience using a variety of office software, including: MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint and MS Outlook;
- Demonstrate applicable expertise in services industry / program management similar in size, scope and complexity to the work being competed;
- Demonstrate expertise and oversight in fee reconciliation for services provided;
- Ability to prepare management, business and personnel reports; lead reviews and generate documents for internal and external analytical use;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Three or more years of supervisory/management experience included
- Experience working with business processes
- Experience working with information technology applications and infrastructure
- Experience working with application delivery, management structures and reporting procedures
- Project management experience
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Strong presentation skills
Strong analytical and business process development skills
Strong capability to clearly communicate, understand, speak and write in the English language
Good negotiation skills
Strong human relations skills to select, develop, mentor, discipline and reward employees
Ability to assess clients' business, identify improvement opportunities and convey understanding to client
Ability to define specific solutions within an abstract environment
Ability to conceptualize, design, develop and apply business and management consulting applications and services
Ability to travel
Ability to work remotely with an international team in different time zones
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects office equipment; use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to Lift up to 25 pounds, bend, reach, carry, stoop, kneel, climb, etc.
Mainly office but may also include all other work environments as required
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.