The Vehicle Maintenance Manager is the primary liaison between the company and the customer coordinating directly on Vehicles Functional area. Maintains accountability and maintenance status of all program vehicle assets; ensures compliance with the PWS and all applicable contact mandatory document requirements and standards. Determines staffing levels and establishes program reconstitution goals. Ensures compliance with Performance Work Statement (PWS) and ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS).
- Coordinates and supervises the multifaceted vehicle activities of the Global Prepositioned Material Services (GPMS) program.
- Provides a high level of direction, oversight and ensures effective utilization of manpower, equipment, and facility resources to support vehicle production, maintenance, and storage.
- Develops, implements, and provides to the government, a Vehicle Maintenance Control Plan (MCP) for all vehicle related assets; Government-Furnished Equipment/Property (GFE/GFP) and support equipment. The MCP shall identify the procedures used to record, schedule, track status and execute all maintenance, repair and logistics related tasks required to ensure all GFE/GFP and support equipment are operating as intended to meet contract requirements.
- Coordinates with all Functional/Program Managers in support of site operations and goals.
- Monitors and controls implementation of Quality Control, Safety, Training, and Environmental Plans and the activity of QC, Environmental and Safety Inspectors.
- Manages site vehicle related Quality Management System (QMS) Inputs.
- Monitors and reviews contractual reports to ensure they are complete and accurate prior to submission to the Program Manager for approval.
- Monitors and controls preparation of assets for shipment in support of Exercises and Tasking as directed by Program Management.
- Allocates vehicle priorities for shipment of assets by land, sea, or air.
- Directs and controls all site vehicle manpower and equipment resources during times of a high operations tempo.
- Provides oversight for site vehicle quality, safety, and environmental issues/projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
- OCONUS: Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable. Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Works in normal office and maintenance shop or warehouse environment and may be required to work outdoors for extended periods.
- Will be required to wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) according to prescribed procedures and as required for task being performed.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting/pushing/pulling minimum of 50 lbs.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Comprehensive understanding of military vehicle repair procedures and regulations; maintenance analysis activities; contract administration and evaluation; supply; technical order and material deficiency reporting system base supply procedures, training requirements and programs; facility requirements Occupational Safety and Health Standards required.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office to include as a minimum Power Point, Excel, and Word programs.
- Must be knowledgeable of and be able to use Government Information Systems (GIS) to include Integrated Logistics Support-Supply (ILS-S), Global Air Transportation Execution System (GATES), Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS), Integrated Maintenance Data System (IMDS), Defense Readiness Reporting System (DRRS), Air Expeditionary Forces Reporting Tool (ART), Logistics Installations and Mission Support-Enterprise View (LIMS-EV) and Sustainment Management System (SMS)-BUILDERTM.
- Must have knowledge of Deployable Air Base Systems (DABS), Special & General-Purpose Vehicles/Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV), Equipment (FSE), Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE), Munitions Material Handling Equipment (MMHE), Supply, Rapid Airfield Damage Repair Equipment (RADR), Red Horse, Security Forces Equipment and Management Information Systems (DPAS, LIMS-EV or BLADE, and TRT).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain local driver’s license.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Four years’ experience in a supervisory capacity preferred.
Contract Requirements in accordance with Appendix J:
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance
- Completed training in Vehicle Maintenance or related field from military technical school or accredited technical school/college/university.
- 5 years’ experience as a vehicle maintenance manager or equivalent position.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.