Amentum is currently seeking a Security Manager/CSSO/FSO in Annapolis Junction, Maryland with a possibility for some remote work to be performed. The Facility Security Officer (FSO) is responsible for implementing the industrial security program and ensuring company and customer security requirements are met. The successful candidate will interface with all levels of Amentum and government management personnel to ensure contract security compliance. The position requires a self-motivated candidate capable of working independently as well as a team environment with minimal direction.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and oversees security procedures in accordance with the NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives, Department of State (DoS), Department of Defense (DoD), and other applicable government sponsor regulations, as well as Amentum Standard Practice Procedures (SPPs).
- Oversees both facility and personnel security including the maintaining and management of cleared facilities and cleared personnel to ensure employees have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need to know and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access.
- Establishes secure areas (e.g., closed areas, SCIFs) for performance of classified contracts, as required.
- Conducts government required Self-Assessments of the Facility, records, systems, personnel records, etc., developing corrective actions when required.
- Participates in customer required Security Assessments to include completing all pre-assessment documents as required, ensuring Senior Management is appropriately prepared, and ensuring corrective actions are addressed as required.
- Reviews DD-254’s (or equivalent) to identify security requirements from proposal stage to contract closeout.
- Responsible for preparation of all SCI related documentation for submission to the Customer, if required.
- Maintain a relationship with DCSA Representative(s), Contractor Officer Representatives (CORs), customer Security Points of Contact (POCs), and Subcontractor(s).
- Assists in the development of and tracking of personnel for required company and USG compliance training.
- Process classified visit requests and certifications, if applicable.
- Conducts internal investigations involving security violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, with minimum 8 years related Security experience supporting government classified programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the NISPOM, Intelligence Community Directives and associated industrial security regulations, policies, and laws.
- DCSA-certified FSO.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to effectively interface with various levels of employees and management.
- Must be an U.S. Citizen and possess and maintain a current and active Security Clearance at the Top-Secret level or higher.
- This position is at an office located in Annapolis Junction and on customer site. Some flexibility to work remotely. Must be willing to travel 10% of the time.
- Experience supporting Maryland Procurement Office (MPO) and Department of State (DoS) customer.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.