eDiscovery Project Manager
- The eDiscovery Project Manager is an experienced manager with consultant-type responsibilities for coordinating the efforts of several teams on a number of large eDiscovery projects.
- The PM is the Government's primary point of contact for all support on the case, creating key networking relationships particularly as they relate to wide-ranging responsibilities including the tracking, processing, hosting, review, user training, and production of Electronically Stored Information (ESI).
- The PM, operating independently and directly with Government Case Managers, trial attorneys, client agency staff, subcontractors, established priorities based on the customer's deadlines.
- The PM works with Amentum internal corporate resources such as Finance, HR, and Procurement in order to facilitate project needs and requirements. Other administrative tasks as assigned.
The successful PM candidate will:
- Manages multiple DOJ customer eDiscovery requests, tasks, and projects, using own judgment to determine methods and to make recommendations to ensure successful outcomes.
- Independently assesses complex litigation support needs, and anticipate questions or possible problem areas, to develop and execute detailed plans with successful outcomes.
- Assist, guide and train users on eDiscovery software tools and processes and must have a working understanding of Technology Assisted Review (TAR) tools like Brainspace, Relativity Assisted Review, or Equivio.
- Supports efforts of DOJ case managers, and recommends process improvements and solutions, in the following phases of the e-discovery process: collection, data processing, document review and production.
- Assist with project budgets, developing level-of-effort (LOE) projections, maintaining, and updating project tracking logs, tracking case financials/spend, invoicing, and monitoring the health and scope across projects (i.e., time, cost, and resource statuses/impacts).
- Provide clarity to project managers and staff regarding work order due dates and requirements.
- Determine best practices and assist in re-engineering e-discovery workflows for efficiency and accuracy.
- Recommend and implement changes to documentation, training materials and standard operating procedures.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and answer questions from staff and clients.
- Provide consultative technical support to project managers and clients as needed.
- May lead or delegate to and mentor junior staff members.
- Conduct quality reviews for other team members’ deliverables.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain MRPT facility credentials/authorization. Note: US Citizenship is required for MRPT facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred in a technical field.
- At least 5+ years' experience in major litigation support projects, including at least two years of Project Manager experience or equivalent.
- 2+ years hands-on utilizing eDiscovery programs, such as Brainspace, Everlaw, Venio, LAW, or IPRO eCapture.
- 4+ years Relativity project management experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be an independent worker and be able to operate with limited supervision.
- Needs to be proactive, organized, detail oriented and customer focused.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with attorneys on complex support activities.
- Requires expert knowledge of litigation support and outstanding management skills.
- Strong technical background as demonstrated through user level knowledge of e-discovery tools and data management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage numerous complex and time-critical litigation support activities simultaneously.
- Possess the ability to learn new software tools quickly and teach others.
- An aptitude for thinking critically is essential.
- Advanced degree or Juris Doctor (JD) is desirable.
- RCA certification and other e-discovery certifications desired.
- Use of analytics in Relativity including structured and conceptual analytics desired.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.