Site Operations Manager
Amentum, a large government contractor is seeking candidates for a new Navy/Marine Corps program to open in Beaufort, SC on the first quarter of 2024. Some key positions will be filled prior to site opening.
BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY
· The Site Manager is responsible to the Program Manager for the control and conduct of all administrative, maintenance, logistics, quality, financial and safety operations at the site and is to ensure all contractual requirements are met or exceeded while meeting or exceeding budget goals.
· Must be customer oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Shall act as overall manager and administrator for contract effort at his/her site.
· Responsible for all financial matters within the site to include establishing financial controls in order to achieve budget goals.
· Develops positive customer relationships with the COR and local Navy/Marine Corps representatives
· Shall be the primary interface and point of contact with local government authorities and representatives on program/project and contract issue.
· Conduct management meetings as necessary to ensure site is performing to customer and company expectations.
· Develops local management procedures and controls.
· Develop and assist in the development of policy and procedures to establish safe work practices and conditions.
· Participate in monthly Safety Review.
· Oversee all operational matters as they pertain to meeting successful contractual obligations.
· Interface with Program Manager and other PAE divisions as necessary to resolve issues beyond local capability.
· Devote personal attention to the morale and welfare of all employees and is responsible for providing a safe and healthful work environment.
· Attends detachment planning meetings with customer.
· Attend meetings as requested by the customer, such as the F-5 IPT.
· Ensures adherence to established standards of individual performance and discipline.
· Participate in the interviews of prospective employees and assist in the selection of new employees.
· Recommend and initiate personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, and appropriate disciplinary action.
· Takes the actions necessary to ensure that all personnel training, certification, and re-certification requirements are met.
· Reviews and approves project costs and expenditures.
· Identifies, studies, and implements cost saving initiatives where applicable.
· Comply with Hazardous Waste Program.
· Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities and job assignment.
· The Site Managers shall have 15 years of aircraft maintenance experience to include five years in a managerial or supervisory position managing high performance aircraft during high tempo operations. The site managers must understand the mission of the F-5 and be able to coordinate all Contractor resources to achieve the contract objective related to aircraft maintenance. The site managers shall
possess previous experience in managing a fluctuating workload, military maintenance plans and procedures.
· Must have extensive, thorough knowledge of the NAMP and NAVY aviation maintenance concepts and procedures.
· Must possess analytical abilities necessary to handle extremely complex administrative, organizational, and aircraft maintenance matters.
· Must demonstrate communicative, managerial, and organizational skills necessary to effectively manage site operations.
· Must deal with the customer and company employees in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
· Must have completed high school or equivalent.
· Must read, write, speak, and understand English.
· Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret US Government Clearance. NOTE: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This classification’s activities range from, an office-like environment with extensive sitting demands to a flight line-like environment with extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands. May occasionally be required to lift objects whose weight exceeds 30 pounds. Special vision abilities to perform this job are close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
The diversity of work conditions may range from an office environment where there is little or no physical discomfort to a flight line environment where inclement weather may subject the individual to severe changes in temperature, wind, rain, etc. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards pre-vail. May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and electrical shock hazards.
LICENSING, CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS AS MAY BE REQUIRED FOR JOB SPE-CIALTY OR AS DIRECTED BY MANAGEMENT
· Drivers License
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.