Work independently to perform oversight of assigned Base Operations and Spaceport Services (BOSS) contract facilities condition regarding maintenance of facilities and systems; and operations support to ensure customers and facility occupants are safe required working space and accommodations as required. Candidate must have experience working Kennedy Space Center mission operations and activities in addition to Facility Management experience. Must demonstrate written and verbal communications skills required for the position. Candidate will be leading, and participating, in meetings with customers at all levels so public speaking and professionalism is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary POC for Facility Management for one or more of the KSC facility/facilities identified in the BOSS PWS. Resolving all facility related issues regarding Launch Processing, Payload, Office, Labs, Warehousing and Manufacturing areas
- Act as a prime interface between supporting BOSS Engineering and O&M departments for utility outages.
- Provide support to NASA and other KSC contractors through initiating, monitoring, scheduling, integrating, coordinating, and authorizing work required to be performed on the facility, and to prevent any impacts or damage to the facility or its systems.
- Assist with space requests and occupancy evaluations; notify the NASA Space Utilization Office with class of space changes.
- Monitor daily operations of facilities and facility systems through review of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and the Kennedy Integrated Consolidated Schedule (KICS) for planned maintenance, modifications, and outages to facility systems in support of payload operations ensuring facility system capabilities are available to meet customer requirements.
- Monitor building construction, repairs, modifications, and maintenance, and keep appropriate personnel apprised of any issues associated with such activities.
- Coordinate and implement all documentation concerning Hurricane & Severe Weather Plans and Emergency Action Plans. All Facility Managers are automatically DART members.
- Support daily reviews of all newly generated work orders in the Electronic Work Request System (EWRS) and provide required information to the Spaceport Integration Center to status daily tasks being performed on facility systems ensuring that facility readiness is maintained. Ensure all BOSS work is represented on the appropriate Schedules.
- Understand Maximo and EWRS to be able to submit or create EWR’s so work orders received can be processed for customer requirements concerning unique facility activities Ability to process real-time Support Requests (SRs) on behalf of the customer and contractors for support of unplanned and planned activities, safety, modifications, and repairs.
- Provide 24/7 availability via cell and respond accordingly when necessary.
- Provide facility related information to BOSS Management and NASA regarding future projects.
- Coordinate review of documentation concerning Hurricane & Severe Weather Plans and Emergency Action Plans.
- Develop and maintain Evacuation Plans for assigned facilities.
- Perform monthly visual inspections of the interior and exterior structure to include the paint, caulking, windows, facility number, door placards, sidewalks, roofs, siding, parking areas, energy and water conservation, exit/emergency lights, stairwells and egress routes. Provide resolution to safety discrepancies as reported or found during routine inspections; verify AED and portable fire extinguisher compliance
- Coordinate and resolve verification for environmental and industrial health issues.
- Participate in and provide guidance during design reviews for Facility modifications
- Prepare work requests and related documentation for facility changes and track to completion.
- Provide information for and participate in User Readiness Reviews (URRs), Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs), and Facility Readiness Reviews (FRR) occurring across multiple facilities.
- Support customer problem resolution activities as needed, including off shift and weekends
- Associate’s degree or a minimum of 5 years KSC experience with Facility Management training or related experience.
- Facility Management Professional (FMP) certification from IFMA, or equivalent preferred. Otherwise, must be able to attain certification within 6 months of hire. Willingness to continue professional education by obtaining the CMP is desirable.
- 3 years’ experience in Facility Management and/or Facilities Operations and Maintenance, or Project Management
- Experience using scheduling tools including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), MS Project, EWRS, and MAXIMO
- 5 years knowledge of Kennedy Space Center facilities, systems and protocol
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Public Speaking experience a plus.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.