Passport Support Manager (Midwest)
This position is contingent upon contract award
Amentum is seeking a Passport Support Manager for an upcoming opportunity supporting a U.S Department of State contract. This contract provides onsite management, administration, and passport book/card application processing support at Passport Centers and Passport Agencies nationwide. The Passport Support Manager is responsible for excellent and compliant contract performance at the location assigned. Locations include: Chicago, IL, Detroit, MI and Minneapolis, MN.
This person will be responsible for the quality of deliverables and ensuring that performance requirements are upheld during contract performance. The Passport Support Manager shall liaise with Department of State staff and have full authority to act on behalf of the Contractor within the scope of operations at the location, including personnel management and hire/fire authority. Anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee all operations at the assigned location and ensure excellent performance that meets all requirements and standards
- Responsible for Daily Reporting and with input from the Government Management staff, the Passport Support Manager assigns Contractor personnel to specific work areas in order to accommodate fluctuating workloads
- Ensures that each Contractor employee signs an acknowledgement of the Passport Internal Controls and a Standards of Conduct within 1-day after employment and ensures Contractors adhere to internal controls, the Privacy Act, and personally identifiable information (PII) standards
- Hire and manage a technically proficient and professionally capable staff throughout the life of the contract
- Provide timely deliverables and performance related data to the Government in order to allow adequate monitoring, oversight, and performance measurement of support services
- Conduct continuous improvement activities to realize improved service delivery capabilities and performance
- Promote innovation, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Resolve problems with minimal disruption to the activities being performed under the contract.
- Respond rapidly to additional operational requirements requests and provide the appropriate levels of qualified staff
- Participate in conference calls and digital video conferences with DOS and other U.S. Government agencies
- May be requested to provide formal and informal briefings to visitors or at off-site conferences
- Support USG in ongoing studies and evaluations
- Ensure satisfactory conformance with contract provisions and performance metrics
- When assigned to a smaller Agency, the Passport Support Manager will be required to perform cashier closeout duties. Closeout duties such as: verify that the fee matches the type of application submitted, deposit the moneys into a bank designated by DOS, enter deposits into banking system (i.e. OTCNet), perform counter balance verifications with the counter management, close-out and reset cash registers daily
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S government Secret security clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- PMP certification (preferred)
- Minimum Eight (8) years of progressive management experience in a production or office environment
- Four (4) years managing a team the size and scope of the Passport Center or Agency assigned
- Four (4) years managing seasonal/temporary work force
- Four (4) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Ability to prepare management, business, technical, and personnel reports, reviews and documents for internal and external use
- Knowledge and expertise in personnel management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced understanding of MS office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize workload for large teams and possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to interpret and apply regulatory material
- Capable of performing duties of any Section Leader
- Must be bonded if performing cashier closeout functions
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.