Quality Assurance Specialist - ISO
- Serve as an International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Auditor for the installation
- Establish a planned, systematic approach of quality assurance to provide adequate confidence that products or equipment and services conform to validated requirements in conformance with Army Regulations and Iso Quality Management System requirements
- Plan, develop; and implement process, audits, and quality assurance projects of considerable breadth and complexity
- Thorough and detailed knowledge of and skill in applying various methods and techniques for investigating, analyzing and effecting corrective actions on complex quality problems
- Comprehensive and through knowledge of the full range of principles, concepts, and methodology related to one or more quality assurance functional programs, and considerable skill in applying this knowledge to the planning and accomplishment of a variety of difficult and complex work assignments
- Maintain historical records of audits, perform root cause analysis to determine reasons CARs were written, and maintain data and metrics to reflect audit reports
- Exercise a high degree of technical skill, judgement and tact in conducting audits and recommending actions to be taken by officials/agencies/organizational elements to ensure compliance with the ISO standards
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards. In addition to work performed at a desk, the duties regularly require extended periods of walking, standing, or bending while observing maintenance operations, witnessing tests and examine material and processes in administrative, production control, supply and storage, and maintenance work areas. Such visits may require use of appropriate protective clothing or gear such as safety glasses and shoes, ear protections, and hard hat, and observance of appropriate safety precautions.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Incumbent must have completed one of the following courses: ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor; ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor; or AS 9100
- Interpret and apply ISO 9000 quality assurance policies and procedures
- Participate in and administer the ISO Internal Audit Program to ensure it follows the requirements of Watervliet's ISO certification
- Develop plans for the audit of procedures, processes and/or products
- The ability to use judgement and tact in conducting audits and recommending actions to be taken
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, technical orders, blueprints, and manufactures specifications
- Strong organization and computer skills
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.