Quality Assurance Specialist - Planner
- Production Planning is responsible for the planning of a completed project or production order from the travelers, process approvals and routings to engineering drawings
- Performs a range of duties in direct support and execution of the Watervliet Arsenal (WVA)
- Assist in the planning and executing of a portion of a completed project as assigned
- Assist in the development of processes and plans for the manufacture of cannons, howitzers, and mortars
- Establish the process for manufacturing a wide variety of production model cannons, and a variety of non-mission items
- Applies a broad knowledge of complex products, manufacturing and machining methods and techniques to insure control of quality using the principles, concepts and methodology related to one or more quality assurance functional programs
- Serves as Quality Control representative and point of contact to evaluate production planning activities and provide optimum quality for assigned items
- Researches technical manuals, technical orders, blueprints, manufactures specifications, process and inspection records, allowance lists, etc
- Develops the General Quality Assurance Program for the Directorate as well as Quality Assurance Programs for each of the specifically assigned mission or non-mission items, which include complete connon assemblies or other completed items
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must posses planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, technical orders, blueprints, and manufactures specifications
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensions and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of inspection equipment
- Knowledge of gauge design
- Strong organization and computer skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a government background check.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.