Quality Control Evaluator
Purpose and Scope:
Works under the supervision of a designated Lead, Supervisor or Manager. Must have or be able to obtain license to use MHE within 30 days of selection. Candidate will attend Transportation of Hazardous Materials to become certified to ship hazardous material. Performs range of duties within the classified department, ensures items being received, stowed or shipped meet the requirements of MIL STD 129N. Receives daily work from Lead or Supervisor. The current opening is to fill a need on day shift, however the incumbent may be asked to work, swing shift, which may include weekends and holidays.
- Performs a variety of warehousing duties that require an understanding of the establishment's storage plan.
- Rearrange and take inventory of stored materials, examines stored materials and reports deterioration and damage.
- Removes material from storage and prepares it for shipment.
- May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- Verify materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, notes and reports discrepancies and obvious damages.
- Route materials to prescribed storage locations.
- Stores, stacks or palletizes material in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical warehouse environment with no unusual hazards, frequent lifting up to 20-60 pounds, kneeling, standing, and walking, routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/or organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Must be a United States citizen.
Must have a valid drivers license.
Must have High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
Must have a minimum of three months in material handling, supply distribution, inspection, quality assurance, or related processes.
Must be able to use the DSS and other automated distributions systems.
Must be able to follow requirements of MIL-STD 129 or DLA Manuals and other directives as required.
Must be licensed and experienced in the use of the MHE within 30 days of selection.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
- Forklift Certification /License and experience in the use of Material Handling Equipment (MHE).