Amentum is seeking a Security Monitor/Escort to support our team in Charlottesville, VA. This position is responsible for the safe and timely escort of designated personnel and visitors at the site and for ensuring equipment, machinery, tools and storage areas are secure and safe.
- Provide a security buffer between uncleared personnel/contractors/vendors and the base population while ensuring escorted visitors follow established rules and regulations.
- Maintain close supervision of uncleared personnel/contractors/vendors operating in and outside the facility.
- Provide briefing and rules to all escorted personnel prior to entering controlled areas.
- Conduct periodic spot check/inspections to ensure assets have not been tampered with, abused or lost.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the facility security policies, government directives and PWS or contractual requirements.
- Assist with movement of material control in and out of the facility.
- Maintain sight of all vehicles and personnel when performing escort duties.
- Count uncleared personnel/contractors/vendors before and after they perform duties.
- Maintain positive control over badge and all necessary equipment to complete escort duties.
- Alert the appropriate facility security office of suspicious behavior, questions, or actions and detain (hold an individual without restricting movement). If individual decides to leave, maintain constant surveillance until government security arrives.
- Provide written reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain TS/SCI clearance. Polygraph may be required.
- Must be to interpret and implement required procedures for cleared facilities.
- Must hold a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Three (3) years’ experience in a security or related field.
- Previous experience working in a facilities environment preferred.
- Previous experience working with military, intelligence, or government agencies preferred.