ICITAP Personnel Security Advisor-Somalia
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
ICITAP Personnel Security Advisor-Somalia
Amentum is a premier global services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. Amentum draws from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics. Headquartered in Germantown, Md., Amentum employs more than 50,000 people on all seven continents.
Amentum is supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in providing specialized training, advisory and mentoring services to host nations under the Criminal Division’s International Criminal Investigative Training and Assistance Program (ICITAP). https://www.justice.gov/criminal-icitap. ICITAP is a cornerstone of America’s global strategy for combating transnational crime, terrorism, countering trafficking in persons, establishing rule of law and enhancing human rights in developing countries. PAE is the contract service provider to the DOJ ICITAP and Overseas Prosecutorial Development Assistance and Training (OPDAT) programs.
Please Note: This is an Independent Contractor position with Amentum, it should not be considered an employment relationship with Amentum.
Amentum is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as a short-term advisor to develop a personnel security initiative with the Somali Police Force (SPF) in Mogadishu, Somalia. The advisor will assess the current SPF vetting practices, then recommend and implement changes in line with global best practices, over the course of two deployments in Mogadishu over a one-year period.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess existing state of SPF background investigation, security clearance, vetting, personnel assignment approval, and personnel security practices.
- Provide ICITAP and SPF with a list of recommendations to raise personnel security standards.
- Provide SPF leadership with ongoing practical instruction and mentorship on personnel security standards based on their own professional experience.
- Provide subject matter expertise and advise the development, training, and sustainment of a new personnel security initiative within the SPF.
- Possess a working knowledge of performance monitoring and evaluation processes and standards of performance measurements in maintaining appropriate milestone in accordance with the stated IAA.
- Draft, edit, and review written reports including but not limited to, weekly reports, significant activity reports, and monthly reports.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Employed by a certified federal, state, or local police agency.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent professional qualifications and experience.
Professional instructor with verifiable experience in classroom and practical exercise instruction preferred.
Ten years of experience assigned to an accredited federal, state or local law enforcement agency.
Three years of experience working in background investigations, security clearance investigations, personnel security, and personnel assignment approval for the federal government, state, or local law enforcement agencies.
Knowledge and Additional Experience:
Overseas experience working in remote and austere environments
Experience mentoring or working alongside foreign law enforcement partners
Experience working independently and without direction
Proficient in Microsoft 365 or equivalent
- Familiarity with the conduct of operations working in and around an embassy or consulate
- Respective country equivalent of overseas safety and survival training
- Experience as an instructor, trainer, or advisor on criminal justice programs
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.