Guard - 80
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Perform all work safely and with the utmost concern for the safety of self and other employees.
- Perform all work in compliance with environmental permits and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime or varying hours to include shift work.
- Be at work when scheduled and maintain a good attendance record.
- Work in close proximity to and or in a chemical demilitarization facility.
- Conducted armed patrols, mounted and on foot. Stand post at designated locations, carries out instructions, primarily oriented toward ensuring that emergencies, security and safety violations are readily discovered and reported to appropriate authority.
- Intervene in situations that required action to safeguard property or persons.
- Required training in the use of firearms, less than lethal intervention, and various other security procedures.
- Ensured the integrity of the Hawthorne Army Depot and the security of real and personal property, as well as stored assets.
- Maintained constant visual observation of the Hawthorne Army Depot, reported any observed situations or criminal activity.
- Responded to possible criminal activity i.e., trespassers, hostile intruders, domestic disturbances, physical altercations, etc.
- Stood post at designated locations, including entrance and exit points for the Hawthorne Depot.
- Assured that all practices and regulations pertaining to access to the Depot are complied with.
- Made written and oral reports to alarm room personnel, supervisors, or other designated persons.
- In accordance with established procedures, responded to dispatches, alarms, and observed situations to ensure the security of the Depot property and personnel.
- Served as first responder to cordon off/contain an area during spills and discharges which may contain hazardous substances or explosives.
- Monitors and directs the operation of motor vehicles within the Depot.
- Identifies and cites persons who fail to comply with established rules and practices.
- Monitored individuals and vehicles entering sensitive and restricted areas to include the Ammo storage housing all types of categories, making sure they are in compliance with Standard Operational Procedures (SOP).
- Patrolled sensitive and restricted areas to check locks and alarms, fences, gates, or other barriers.
- Responsible for vehicle, keys, radios, weapons, and other assigned equipment.
PPE: Full Face APR (M40, North, etc.) – Routine use
Requires the passing of the Physical Agility Test (PAT) that includes 19 Army Standard Push-ups, and a 1.5 mile run within 17:30 minutes.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be eligible for “Confidential” level clearance to start
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret level clearance
- Must be a United States or naturalized citizen able to obtain and maintain Hawthorne Army Depot (HWAD) site access
- Must be computer literate in common software applications and able to operate general office equipment
- Must maintain fitness-for-duty standards to perform the essential functions of the position, to include any HWAD drill, contingency and/or emergency requirement
- No experience required.
- Position will require demonstration of continuing physical fitness, wearing a uniform and the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance as well as PILB certification.
- Position will require the ability to perform in a professional manner and maintain a neat and clean appearance. Position requires a valid driver's license.
This position is designated as a safety sensitive position and is subject to the requirements of the HWAD Medical Surveillance Plan and Matrix and the HWAD A&D Program. As a condition of employment, candidates and incumbents must favorably complete a personnel security investigation, drug testing, medical exam and respiratory screening, and must meet and maintain personnel suitability and reliability requirements established by 29 CFR and Army Regulations: AR 190-11, AR 190-13 and DOD Contractors Safety Manual 4145.26.