Assistant Security Officer
Amentum is looking for an Assistant Security Officer at our Springfield, VA location. The selected candidate will have the ability to administer and assure compliance with security regulations and procedures to include security passing requirements in accordance with DoD and our customer's guidelines. The position requires personnel to routinely interact with Contractors and Government agencies relative to security and clearance matters.
Work Schedule: Monday Friday 7:00 am 3:30 pm, occasional Tuesday 9:30 6:00 pm
The duties include but not limited to:
- Perform CAC duties, rotate to Briefing, Clearance Passing, and Front Desk areas as needed.
- Knowledgeable with the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), Scattered Castle, M3/SMS, DEERS/Rapids, e-Travel, C-Cure 9000, MDI database, PeopleSoft Access Management System (PSAM).
- Coordinate with the responsible Company Facility Security Officer (FSO), to perform functions to ensure personnel DoD Clearance requirements are met and maintained.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work assigned projects, produce accurate and knowledgeable reports while successfully performing a multitude of daily assigned duties.
- Possess and/or have working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and have a strong attention to detail while performing daily tasks.
- Working knowledge of DoD and NGA policies governing current security procedures.
Adhere to the WSC Rules, Guidelines and Timekeeping Policies.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Manage and process programs and documents related to the transport of classified documents, equipment and/or media.
- Perform all other security-related duties as assigned or requested.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.