The Student Learner will augment their pursuit of an Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) education with aviation industry experience through the observation of workers performing aviation maintenance and program operations. The Student Learner will participate in training courses/experiences and engage program personnel to gain an understanding of relevant processes and procedures, forms, and tools necessary in the performance of contractual program requirements.
- Observe, question, and learn about the organization and the various roles and responsibilities of program personnel
- Attend live and online training courses
- Become familiarized with Navy Terminology/acronyms, technical libraries, logs and records systems, and ground flight procedures.
- Learn about safety protocols and equipment.
- Become familiarized with areas such as:
- Ground Support Equipment.
- Aircraft/Flight Line components
- Tools and Tool Control.
- Foreign Object Damage inspections and related procedures.
- Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance work centers and activities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to meet any Government required security. clearance/certification requirements.
- Graduation from High school or GED.
- Must be currently enrolled and maintaining a passing grade in Del Mar A&P program.
- Basic understanding of Airframe and Powerplant (A&P).
- Ability to grasp fundamental concepts and terminology pertaining to aircraft maintenance and equipment.