RPA Supply Technician Lead / Deployment Pool (K)
Employee will be part of the Deployment Pool and will be required to support deployments to various CONUS/OCONUS locations, as required. This position will require the member to be flexible in the support of assigned deployment/work schedules.
This individual will be responsible for the development and execution of logistics strategies that is integrated with supply/support chain management to minimize total costs and optimize performance within section. Accounts for all materials and/or support equipment being shipped out of, and received, at the facility. Ensures parts Due in from Maintenance (DIFM) are properly tracked and takes appropriate actions to meet applicable deadlines. Keeps a running inventory of stock/equipment using appropriate software. Researches and orders parts, materials, and tools for use to ensure maintenance operational capabilities. Ensures the overall serviceability of all Support equipment and related items. Keeps track of all assigned government property entering and leaving the facility. Processes paperwork, including filing DD-1149s, for all Supply/Support activities. Ensures proper allotment of material and/or equipment to appropriate maintenance personnel in support of O&M operations.
USAF equivalent position is Supply Technician Superintendent.
- Leads/performs warehousing and support program duties in support of O&M operations within the site at the expert level.
- Manages materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, noting, and reporting discrepancies and damages.
- Route materials and parts to prescribed storage locations and/or facilities as needed for operational support.
- Rearranges and takes inventory of stored materials/equipment and documents within assigned database.
- Directs/performs the examination of stored materials and reports deterioration and damage; removes material from storage and preparing it for shipment.
- May operate hand and/or power trucks and/or equipment in performing warehousing and support duties.
- Perform miscellaneous quality assurance duties including CTK inspections, inventory process checks, inspecting and examining materials, article inspections, etc.
- Manages the inventory management of decentralized and decontrolled items, including supplies and equipment IAW applicable AFI’s.
- Responsible for material coordination for special programs, maintenance, or production shops.
- Perform Hazardous Material Control and Management Supervisor requirements.
- Supervises, trains, and mentors subordinate personnel in Support/Supply functions.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
- Must have Associate’s degree, or have completed relevant military and/or vocational technical school curriculum
- Minimum of eight years actual supply/support experience and/or combination of related aircraft maintenance experience required
- Must have the ability to build a team, maintain schedules, and monitor training for assigned personnel.
- Must possess expert knowledge of governing supply systems/programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals and/or other established guidelines
- Must have the expert analytical ability to define problems, collect necessary data, establish facts, and take recommended actions based upon applicable established guidelines
- Must be familiar with computerized databases and spreadsheets, and computerized inventory management programs
- Must have experience with material handling equipment
- Must have excellent planning and organizational skills
- Must be able to work under deadlines
- Must achieve a passing grade in all required courses/certifications for continued employment, as needed
- Employee must meet all OCONUS deployment criteria, to include pre-deployment medical screening, as a condition of employment
- Must be able to lift, carry and/or wear Military Issued Equipment in excess of 50 pounds for extended periods
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
- Must be able to provide proof of U.S. citizenship upon hire
- Must submit updated SF-86 within 30 days of hire start date
- Must have current DoD Secret Security Clearance and be able to maintain a DoD security clearance commensurate with the assigned duties during employment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a Government Driving Permit
- Must have valid U.S. Passport with a minimum of one year remaining with at least two facing pairs (four total) of blank Visa pages
- Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated with booster. Accommodations may be available under limited circumstances.
- Minimum of eight years actual experience in operations of the USAF base supply system
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant career field
- RPA Operations & Deployment experience
- Prior experience as a Defense Contractor
- Vehicle Operator Training
- Support/Supply experience in the last 10 years
- Highly desired to have a U.S. Passport valid for an additional two years with at least two facing pairs (four total) of blank Visa pages