Reporting to the Senior Supply Technician, the Supply Technician is accountable for data entry, product retrieval, and issuance, as well as ensuring accurate physical receiving, transferring, issuing, and inventory management of ASC and NSF material. This role will make recommendations concerning inventory improvement while providing professional customer service to internal and external clients.
- Maintains workplace duties and ensures safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Complies with all ASC Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH), Waste Management and Quality Assurance requirements, goals, policies and procedures.
- Processes inventory transactions in a timely manner to maintain current and accurate materials records. This includes, but is not limited to inventory issues, returns, transfers, and all other inventory related changes.
- Physically receives, stores and documents materials in support of all department operations including forklift support as required. Research stock information to determine locations and stock levels using the ERP database.
- Examines items received; notes wrongs, overages, shortages, or any damages incurred in shipping. Researches and provides WODS (wrong, overage, damaged or short) reporting on any discrepancies for materials physically received.
- Establishes and enhances strong working relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Accurately documents incoming, outgoing material and helps prepare outbound shipments.
- Investigates and resolves routine and recurring discrepancies relating to actions such as receipt control, stock control, and inventory adjustments.
- Understands, navigates and operates ERP system to perform material research, data input, and data corrections accurately and effectively. Understands and uses systems and tools used for day-to-day operation of a facility.
- Responsible for general housekeeping and maintains warehouse and Outside Storage Area (OSA) in an organized and clean manner.
- Conducts physical inventories and maintains inventory stock.
- Answers recurring inquiries regarding the status of requisitions, delivery of material, and other questions received from customers.
- Cross trains with other departments within Transportation and Logistics which may include operation of heavy equipment and over-sized tundra vehicle operation.
- Trains in vessel offload procedures and processes. May be assigned any role and work any shift in a 24-hour period during vessel offload or during other special operations while deployed.
- Completes annual light vehicle, forklift and inventory management system training classes when deployed.
- Assists with runway operations during seasonal transition and ongoing winter flights.
- Other duties as assigned by Supply department management; outdoor work will be required in varying temperatures.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates and Licenses:
- Minimum two+ years’ experience working in any of the following fields: Inventory materials management, purchasing, warehousing, cargo, transportation, or supply chain logistics including the use of forklifts, hand trucks and other powered and non-powered lifting devices or a minimum of one season experience working in the Transportation and Logistics (T&L) department or related areas in Antarctica.
Expected Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Intermediate skills working within Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong multi-tasking, organization, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- High attention to detail and professionalism.
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrates originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
- Self-motivated and high accountability; ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision.
- Business Communication: Strong ability to communicate clearly and efficiently. Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style to the audience.
- Conflict Management: Views conflict as an opportunity to find common ground and gain cooperation from all parties. Reads situations quickly, actively listens, and settles disagreements and disputes equitably.
- Operations Systems: Understands, navigates and operates ERP system to perform material research, data input, and data corrections accurately and effectively. Understands and uses systems and tools used for day-to-day operation of a facility.
- Familiarity and capability to identify commodities in a specific functional or trades group area: Medical/Dental; Construction/Residential Repair; Automotive/Heavy & Industrial Equipment; Science/Lab Support; Food/Beverage/Retail; Office/Hotel/Janitorial Supplies; Electrical/Plumbing/Utilities/Carpentry/Fire Safety; Information Technology/Communications Supplies.
- Working knowledge of materials movement, purchasing, inventory, and hazardous materials.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- IBM Maximo experience.
- Experience with remote site logistics is highly desirable. Experience with polar logistics operations is preferred.
Physical and/or Other Requirements:
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods
- Successful completion of Medical and Dental examinations required by the NSF for deployment to Antarctica
- Successful completion of drug screening and background check required by employer
- Successful completion of Federal Background Check required by the NSF
- Must be willing and able to lift and move items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum as required by the position.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors in extreme cold as required by the position.
- Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse” (chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station), recycling efforts & safety objectives.
- Valid Driver’s License issued in the United States
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.