Supply Technician, Senior
Reporting to the Full Time Supply/Logistics Supervisor, The Senior Supply Technician is responsible for the direct supervision of the work of Supply Technicians and Apprentices and may include supervision of a shift or coordination of multiple work groups. Makes recommendations concerning performance appraisal and professional development. This role is responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate management of ASC and NSF material and helping the team to develop and implement team goals. During the winter season this position supports aircraft operations.
- 30% Managing Process: Ensures all operations procedures are followed effectively, identifies and recommends needed changes to Supply Department Management on the standardized processes for the functional area. Evaluates and analyzes current work methods and recommends ways to eliminate inefficiencies. Maintains a safe workplace and ensures that safety is the highest priority in the workplace. Complies with all ASC Environmental, Safety and Health (ESH), Waste Management and Quality Assurance requirements, goals, policies and procedures.
- 30% Coaching and Developing Associates: Guides associates in daily operations, and monitors to ensure a high degree of productivity, safety, service and quality. Responsible for the training, coaching and feedback of supply technicians in ERP systems, customer service, inventory management, vessel operations, and other supply functions as assigned by Supply management. Uses discretion to provide coaching and counseling to associates regarding job performance, methods of performing job tasks. Resolves associate relations issues between staff and customers that arise in assigned functional area. Investigates operational errors to determine the cause and recommends corrective action where needed.
- 30% Drives Results: Maintains inventory accuracy and control; creates reports to identify areas of improvement for key metrics including retrograde, inventory accuracy, quality and expenses. Develop and process reports for the audit tasking. Manages all incoming and outgoing material shipments for given area.
- 10% Business Planning: Coordinates and monitors materials with the functional area to ensure there is a reduction in irregularities and correct purchasing of items.
- Cross trains with other departments within Transportation and Logistics which may include operation of heavy equipment and over-sized tundra vehicle operation.
- Trains in vessel offload procedures and processes. May be assigned any role and work any shift in a 24-hour period during vessel offload or during other special operations while deployed.
- Completes annual light vehicle, forklift and inventory management system training classes when deployed.
- Assists with runway operations during seasonal transition and ongoing winter flights.
- Other duties as assigned by Supply department management; outdoor work will be required in varying temperatures.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates and Licenses:
- Associate degree plus 1 year of experience working in any of the following fields: inventory materials management, purchasing, warehousing, cargo, transportation, or supply chain logistics including the use of forklifts, hand trucks and other powered and non-powered lifting devices. Three years of relevant work experience or a minimum of one season experience working in the Transportation and Logistics (T&L) department or related areas in Antarctica will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- One of the three years’ experience must be in a supervisory role, or a minimum of two seasons experience working in the Transportation and Logistics (T&L) department or related areas in Antarctica.
Expected Skills and Competencies:
- Intermediate skills working within Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong multi-tasking, organization, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- High attention to detail and professionalism.
- People Management: Assesses skills and manages the work and productivity of others while coaching and developing talent.
- People Organization: Assesses skills and manages the training levels of new and returning personnel revolving around inventory processes and warehouse management.
- Financial Acumen: Utilizes fundamental concepts of finance to assist with managing resources, forecast work needed, and provides information to account for the fiscal impact of decision making.
- Creative Thinking: Demonstrates originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
- Self-motivated and high accountability; ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision.
- Business Communication: Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style to the audience.
- Conflict Management: Views conflict as an opportunity to find common ground and gain cooperation from all parties. Reads situations quickly, actively listens, and settles disagreements and disputes equitably.
- Operations Systems: Understands, navigates and operates ERP system to perform material research, data input, and data corrections accurately and effectively. Understands and uses systems and tools used for day-to-day operation of a facility.
- Familiarity and capability to identify commodities in a specific functional or trades group area: Medical/Dental; Construction/Residential Repair; Automotive/Heavy & Industrial Equipment; Science/Lab Support; Food/Beverage/Retail; Office/Hotel/Janitorial Supplies; Electrical/Plumbing/Utilities/Carpentry/Fire Safety; Information Technology/Communications Supplies.
- Working knowledge of materials movement, purchasing, inventory, and hazardous materials.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- IBM Maximo experience.
- Experience with remote site logistics is highly desirable. Experience with polar logistics operations is preferred.
Physical and/or Other Requirements:
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods
- Successful completion of Medical and Dental examinations required by the NSF for deployment to Antarctica
- Successful completion of drug screening and background check required by employer
- Successful completion of Federal Background Check required by the NSF
- Must be willing and able to lift and move items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum as required by the position.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors in extreme cold as required by the position.
- Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse” (chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station), recycling efforts & safety objectives.
- Valid Driver’s License issued in the United States
- Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization. Note: US Citizenship is required for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.