Supply Technician- CIPBO
Purpose and Scope:
The Supply Technician for the Consolidated Installation Property Book office performs various functions of technical supply management work (e.g., inventory and storage management, cataloging, requisitioning, property utilization, extensive research) related to property accountability.
Work usually is segregated by commodity area or function, and controlled in terms of difficulty, complexity, or responsibility. Assignments usually relate to stable or standardized segments of technical supply management operations; or to functions or subjects that are narrow in scope or limited in difficulty. The work generally involves individual case problems or supply actions. This work may require consideration of program requirements together with specific variations in or from standardized guidelines. Building and maintaining a good working knowledge of the governing supply systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines. Building and maintaining an understanding of the needs of the organization serviced Utilizing analytical abilities to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect the necessary data to establish the facts, and take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines. Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident
- Must have excellent written and oral skills.
- Must be able to work closely with government officials, Logistics Readiness Center (LRC), Military Units and Civilian Organizations to coordinate all services required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years of material/supply functions, either in the military services or
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of GCSS Army experience.
- Must be able to read, understand, and research within Technical Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Army Regulations and Department of the Army Pamphlets.
- Must possess basic computer skills including knowledge of the following programs: Adobe Acrobat Reader, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams.
- Must be able to identify class of supply for all equipment managed.
- Knowledge of receiving and maintaining unit signature cards in relation to hand receipt maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of GCSS-Army Supply System and regulations that govern supply.
- Knowledge of Property Book/Hand Receipt procedures.
- Knowledge of TDA, CTA and Supplemental III authorizations
- Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence while meeting short suspense dates/times.
- Must be able to work in a team environment while being exceptionally self-motivated to complete all tasks assigned.
- Must have or be able to obtain licenses/certifications as needed to perform duties.
- Must have a valid and current state driver’s license.
- Must be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a forklift license.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, complex environment with the ability to provide conflict resolution.
- Must be able to read and understand Technical Manuals, Technical Bulletins, Army Regulations and Department of the Army Pamphlets.
- Must have an ability to meet physical demands and pass any related medical examination requirements required to perform daily assigned tasks.
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Required to obtain and maintain a government Common Access Card (CAC).
Preferred Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working with U.S. Army combat and tactical equipment.
- Experience with the Command Supply Discipline Program.
- Experience with WebSDR, Army Enterprise Portal, Decision Support Tool, Parts Tracker, and other Army logistics programs..
- Experience with problem solving, providing resolutions, and understanding procedures within Army Regulations.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs with or without accommodation.
- Must utilize all proper lifting procedures and practices.
- Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to climb in and out of vehicles of various sizes and heights.
- Must be able to work under pressure and strenuous conditions.
- Must be able to meet short suspense dates.
- Must be able to conduct work in the out-of-doors area with potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions (i.e. extreme temperatures, high humidity, rain and blowing dust).
- Must be able to withstand prolonged periods of stooping; climbing; standing; and sitting for long periods of uninterrupted time.
- May require shift work.
- May be required to work an uncommon tour of duty including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- During the usual work period, the worker may be exposed to sounds and noise levels that are distracting and uncomfortable.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.