Purpose: Oversees limited aspects of technical supply management work (e.g., inventory management, storage management, cataloging, property utilization) related to depot, local, or other supply activities. Oversees the process of receipting, storing, documenting, processing, and delivery of all expendable and durable supplies. Crosschecks Authorized Stockade List (ASL) to determine the most suitable choice of NSN to requisition an item. Interacts with a variety of departments and various customer contacts to insure accurate and timely processing and record keeping. May be required to operate a variety of STAMIS programs such as GCSS-A. Assists in the receipt, posting, storage, delivery, disposition, and management of supply in accordance with applicable Army regulations. Ensures appropriate adjustment action and documentation is processed for shipment/receiving discrepancies and lost, damaged, or destroyed action is initiated and properly submitted. Issues bench stock replenishment listings and initiates requisition action. Updates Repair Parts Master Listing as directed. Prepares requisitions for off-line, work orders, shop stock and local purchase as required. Assists with supporting requisitioning and turn-in actions. Utilizes Fed Log and AMDE to research information for required parts requests.
Assists in producing monthly printed reports from GCSS-A and performs file maintenance as required. Marks and prepares labels for shipping materials
Positions Reporting to this Function: May oversee a section of Supply Technicians, Warehouse Workers, Forklift Operators, and Stock Clerks
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As directed, performs a variety of warehousing duties, which require an understanding of the establishment’s storage plan.
- Verifying materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents, noting, and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages.
- Routing materials to prescribed storage locations.
- Storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
Rearranging and taking inventory of stored materials.
- Examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage, removing material from storage, and preparing it for shipment.
- May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
- Perform miscellaneous quality assurance duties including inspections, inventory process checks, inspecting and examining materials, article inspections, etc.
- Responsible for inventory management of decentralized and decontrolled items, including supplies, and equipment.
- Maintain 100 percent accountability of all assigned APS-2 equipment, ensuring equipment is on-hand and reflected accurately in the relevant LIS.
- Ensure the accurate reporting of all assigned APS-2 equipment in the relevant LIS.
- Serves as the last step in bringing APS-2 equipment to record and identifies frustrated items entering the APS-2Stock
- Conducts item research in GCSS-A
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Three (3) years’ experience in supply, inventory management, warehouse or related field required
- Two (2) years’ experience in supervisory functions
- Experience and certification in GCSS-A.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Forklift and MHE experience preferred.
- Driver’s license required.
- Must have knowledge of the Army retail supply system, technical supply operations, and established policies.
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Must have basic knowledge in the use of MS Office, including Word and Excel, Outlook, and other related applications.
- Must be able to function with an advanced level of English oral and written language skills.
- Must be able to meet and maintain all base access security requirements.
- Must be able to meet and maintain all LIS access requirements (Common Access Card).
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- US Army 92A or 92Y preferred.
- Forklift and MHE experience preferred