Amentum has an opportunity for a highly qualified Technical Writer/Editor to provide support to Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet (COMPACFLT) Headquarters. This position is located at the Makalapa Complex, Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
You would be an excellent candidate for this position if you:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Have knowledge and experience in DoD (prefer Navy) Logistics and procurements
- Have knowledge of the Department of Defense (DoD), and Indo-Pacific Naval Plans, Operations and Logistics
- Have knowledge and experience in writing and reviewing military orders, Standing Operating Procedures (SOPS), and Training Manuals.
The PACFLT N4 advises the Commander on all matters concerning theater-level logistics and ensures that operational logistics links tactical requirements to strategic capabilities. The N4T directorate supports N4 efforts in training the force to achieve logistics effects in support of PACFLT.
In this position, you will assist with developing comprehensive documentation that’s in alignment with organizational standards. Translate complex information into simple, polished, and engaging content. Produce user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets users up for success. Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement. Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements. Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation. You will be responsible for taking 13-15 already written manuals from disparate authors, each with approximately 30-40 pages and edit/re-write to align all the manuals into a repository that uses the same lexicon, syntax, and organization throughout all manuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide subject matter expertise to PACFLT N4 for writing and editing SOPs designed to support exercises and crisis operations of the Theater Joint Force Maritime Component Command (TJFMCC) Logistics Readiness Center (LRC)
- Provide planning, logistics, schedule, and administrative support to PACFLT N4T initiatives with internal and external stakeholders and partners and allies, as required.
- Provide analysis and develop documentation in support of PACFLT logistics support to training plans and operations.
- Provide briefings to COMPACFLT N4 staff on progress of projects.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- At least 4 years of combined experience in the Department of Defense (DoD)
- At least 2 years of experience with related logistics work
- At least 2 years of experience at a Combatant Command, Service Component HQ, or other staff HQ
- At least 2 years of experience in writing military orders, Standing Operating Procedures, Training Manuals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Must have an Active Secret US Government Clearance to apply, with the ability to obtain SCI eligibility after hire. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Top Secret US Government Clearance. Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Navy or Marine Corps logistics experiences
- At least 2 years of experience in the Indo-Pacific Area of Operations (AOR)
- Experience with Naval plans and operations
- Proficiency with MS Teams, SharePoint, and Shared Drive folder management
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.