Tools & Parts Attendant
Receives stores and issues hand tools, included but not limited to; machine tools, dies, replacement parts, shop supplies and equipment, such as measuring devices, issues and receives HAZMAT and weigh/ handle/use HAZMAT, in industrial establishment. Monitors condition of all tools and equipment in tool room custody and is responsible for accountability of all tool inventories.
Duties and Accountabilities (included but not limited to):
- Maintains records of tools issued to and returned by workers.
- Receives, accounts for, unpacks and stores new equipment.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers' and maintenance manuals, OPNAV 4790 may attach identification tags or engrave identifying information on tools and equipment, using electric marking tools.
- Ability to use and operate a computer, keyboard and mouse printer and be proficient using computer programs Word, Excel, powerpoint, Outlook, learn to navigate and enter/retrieve proper information into nalcomis/ooma.
- Prepares periodic inventory or keeps perpetual inventory and requisitions stock as needed.
- Monitors condition of all equipment on an ongoing basis.
- Reports loss, damage or destruction of tooling in accordance with documented procedures.
- Have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment.
- As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities and serving on safety committees and teams.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting up to 50 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Minimum one (1) year related experience.
- Must maintain tracking and identification of calibrated tools and special equipment.
- Issue/receive and handle hazmat.
- Must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
- Must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Familiarity with wide range of tools and equipment associated with support of tracked and wheeled vehicle maintenance effort.
- Basic knowledge of generally accepted warehousing concepts such as storage layout, locator systems, and proper material handling procedures.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- May be required to pass and maintain a U.S. Government background security check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Must be able to pass Rapid Gate if required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.