Tool Room Attendant
- This position is responsible for receiving, storing and issuing tools, measuring devices, support equipment, materials and supplies in support of local and field-based maintenance activities.
- Inspects and measures tools and equipment for defects and wear, visually or using a micrometer. Reports damage or wear to supervisor.
- Repairs, services and lubricates tools and equipment.
- Marks and identifies tools and equipment, using identification tag, stamp and/or electric marking tools.
- Locates lost or misplaced tools and equipment.
- Prepares periodic inventory inspection and maintains perpetual inventory of tools and equipment using Excel spreadsheets, Maximo data base, and/or manual records.
- Responsible for general housekeeping of assigned work area.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates and Licenses:
- One or more years’ experience issuing, maintaining and monitoring tools is required.
Expected Skills and Competencies:
- Must be customer focused and familiar with office and inventory/stock control software.
- Must have mechanical skills in order to maintain tools in safe operating condition.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be proficient in the use of Excel and Word. Must be able to learn and utilize (Maximo) work order and software programs.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate well to both management and front-line service workers alike.
Physical and/or Other Requirements:
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods
- Successful completion of Medical and Dental examinations required by the NSF for deployment to Antarctica
- Successful completion of drug screening and background check required by employer
- Successful completion of Federal Background Check required by the NSF
- Must be willing and able to lift and move items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum as required by the position.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors in extreme cold as required by the position.
- Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse” (chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station), recycling efforts & safety objectives.
- Valid Driver’s License issued in the United States
- Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization. Note: US Citizenship is required for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.