Traffic Management Specialist
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Traffic Management Specialist
Purpose and Scope:
The Traffic Management Specialist arranges the shipment of Prepositioned GPMS cargo to various worldwide destinations via Air, Land, and Sea. Incumbent must comply with all applicable International and Federal Transportation Laws, Regulations, Tariffs and Department of Defense guidance. Ensures all shipments presented meet International Trade and Arms Regulations (!TAR). Responsible for, and participates in, quality assurance as part of the ISO 9001 program.
- Inspects and accepts documentation (DD Form 1149/1348-1) for outbound cargo offered for shipment in the Defense Transportation System (DTS) for completeness, Transportation Account Code, accuracy, Hazardous/Classified, or !TAR certification.
- Processes, verifies Nomenclature, Hazard Class, Quantity, and inspects outbound cargo offered for transportation.
- Properly classifies freight, selects commodity codes, selects most efficient mode of shipment, and controls obligations for government transportation funds.
- Inspects Hazardous Materials to ensure proper packaging, marking, labeling, documentation and certification in accordance with applicable Dangerous Goods Regulations (AFMAN24-204, 49Code Of Federal Regulation, International Maritime Dangerous Goods, etc.).
- Selects and initiates contact with local carriers to arrange appropriate transport equipment for containers, classified, sensitive, hazardous, or out sized shipments based on the size, weight, commodity description, freight classification, required delivery date, priority, or other special requirements.
- Uses automated computer systems and programs to process and document all freight, (CMOS, GATES, IBS,).
- Prepares all required shipping documents for data input toCMOS/GATES, assigns Transportation Control Numbers, produces labels, issues truck manifest for general/hazardous cargo, Maintains Manifest logs.
- Accurately inputs the Transportation Control Numbers, Transportation Accounting Codes, consignor and consignee codes and other essential transportation data into the Cargo Movement and Operations System (CMOS) and or Global Acquisition and Transportation Execution System (GATES).
- Prepares Truck Shipping Documents between sites, container movements from Sea Port of Embarkation to Sea Port of Debarkation, and local movements.
- Processes Export Traffic Release Requests (ETRR) for sealift shipments using Surface Deployment Distribution Command (SDDC) Integrated Booking System (IBS).
- Provides In-transit Visibility through the Global Transportation Network (GTN) and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) servers, and Transportation Management Systems (TMS).
- Performs Port Handling and Inland Transportation (PHIT) duties as designated Work Monitor for Inbound and Outbound Line Haul Sub Contractor trucks. Inspects and documents each shipment for contract compliance on a Customer Service Survey form.
- Performs Host Country customs clearances and liaisons with Military and Host country Ministries on Import and Export for Border Customs Clearances, Airport Customs Clearances, and Seaport Clearances.
- Inspects, accepts, and inventories Inbound Air Cargo, Line Haul Trucks, and Containers.
- Inventories and inspects all incoming freight for damage prior to acceptance. Initiates and completes SF 361, Transportation Discrepancy Report (DISREP) as required.
- Prepares and handles cargo in accordance with all prescribed regulations, instructions, technical orders and procedures.
- Performs weighing of cargo, vehicles, and outsized cargo to determine center of balance for rolling stock and ensures cargo dimensions within pallet and aircraft limitations.
- Maintains operational stock levels of all 463L assets.
- Loads/unloads all 463L pallets, 40-foot and 20-foot sea van commercial/military containers and 40-foot Flat bed/Low bed trucks.
- Inventories, documents and loads/unloads outbound/inbound freight as required. Assists in loading/unloading Military vessels at seaport.
- Processes passengers for air transportation, handle baggage,
- load/offload aircraft. Completes security checks of passengers and baggage.
- Operates MHE, wide body loaders, and cranes.
- Safely transports and handles explosives.
- Prioritizes and schedules work assignments of subordinate personnel.
- Implements, documents and controls quality, training, environment, and safety programs.
- Maintains Technical Orders, publications, forms and files required for Traffic Management operations.
- Compiles data and submits reports and other correspondence as required.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Working environment will be both office and outdoor settings which individual can be exposed to extreme weather conditions for an extended period of time.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks, and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- One (1) to Three (3) years of experience in related field.
- Work experience in freight acceptance, preparation, processing, inspection, documentation, and handling procedures is required.
- Must have completed training to prepare, certify and or inspect Hazardous Materials for Air Transportation IAW AFMAN 24-204, currency not required.
- Qualified to operate Material Handling Equipment e.g., 4K, 6K, 10K/10K AT Forklift, pallet jacks.
- Knowledge of palletizing cargo on single, multiple/married 463L pallets using side and top nets, straps, chains, and devices for restraint. Knowledge of aircraft cargo loading/unloading and cargo tie-down restraint procedures.
- Must be computer literate and able to operate software programs relating to cargo operations and office administration.
- Must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- The preferred candidate would have a valid work & residency permit to work in Germany, or be a national of the European Union / European Economic Area.
- This position is not approved for relocation allowances.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.