ICITAP Training Advisor-Croatia
Amentum is a premier global services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. Amentum draws from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics. Headquartered in Germantown, Md., Amentum employs more than 50,000 people on all seven continents.
Amentum is supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in providing specialized training, advisory and mentoring services to host nations under the Criminal Division’s International Criminal Investigative Training and Assistance Program (ICITAP). https://www.justice.gov/criminal-icitap.
ICITAP is a cornerstone of America’s global strategy for combating transnational crime, terrorism, countering trafficking in persons, establishing rule of law and enhancing human rights in developing countries. Amentum is the contract service provider to the DOJ ICITAP and Overseas Prosecutorial Development, Assistance and Training (OPDAT) programs.
Please Note: This is an Independent Contractor position with Amentum, it should not be considered an employment relationship with Amentum.
Amentum is currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as Training Advisor in Zagreb, Croatia. This position will be responsible for preparation and implementation of various capacity-building trainings and events in support of the Partnership for Education (PFE) program, a collaborative effort between ICITAP and the Croatian Ministry of Interior to bring together law enforcement officials from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia and enhance Balkan countries capacity to investigate transnational crime. The Training Advisor will also perform other administrative, organizational, and logistical duties to support the normal functioning of the ICITAP Mission to include monitoring current law enforcement trends in the region, supporting training implementation, supporting Police Academy capacity building, and other related duties as assigned by ICITAP Croatia Mission Advisor.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and implement various capacity-building trainings and events in support of PFE.
- Prepare strategic documents to include assessments and recommendations for capacity building of the law enforcement agencies in the Western Balkans.
- Provide subject matter expertise and logistical coordination in support of PFE.
- Liaise with the Ministry of Interior Police Academy, including in management of the ICITAP Regional Cybercrime Classroom.
- Monitor and report to the ICITAP Mission Advisor on crime trends and developments in the Western Balkans and provide guidance to the ICITAP Mission Advisor and partners.
- Liaise with U.S. government agencies, international organizations, and regional partners to identify opportunities for collaboration and partnership.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of trainings, including drafting training materials and identifying qualified trainers.
- Design and prepare training programs for law enforcement personnel in the Western Balkans region.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and recommend improvements as necessary.
- Manage PFE website content for PFE participants in all three languages, create user profiles, act as a website support and coordinate content with online trainings (Pre and Post Testing of participants).
- Provide assistance and training on use of online platform for instructors and participants.
- Host and coordinate online training sessions.
- Provide program analysis, research, and development.
- Provide expert assessments for ICITAP HQ as required.
- Manage and coordinate logistic and administrative support for the regional training program, to include candidate selection, travel arrangements, documentation preparation and lodging.
- Coordinate and ensure proper Leahy vetting for regional training participant countries.
- Provide expert consecutive translation for trainings and meetings.
- Translate documents as necessary for use by the ICITAP Croatia Mission.
- Provide expert written translation of strategic documents, program materials, correspondences, reports, and briefings.
- Perform other administrative, organizational, and logistical duties to support the normal functioning of the ICITAP Mission to include monitoring current law enforcement trends in the region, supporting training implementation, supporting Police Academy capacity building, and other related duties as assigned by ICITAP Croatia Mission Advisor.
- If applicable, support the implementation of other ICITAP Mission activities in addition to the PFE, including, but not limited to, the ICITAP-EUCOM partnership.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong knowledge of the DOJ/ICITAP overall activities in police reform and development, and program activities in the Western Balkan region.
- Strong working knowledge of Croatia government structures and policies.
- Extensive knowledge of Western Balkan law enforcement structures and capabilities.
- Familiarity with police structures and capabilities of Western Balkan countries.
- Strong knowledge of Western Balkan current events, personalities, history, and culture.
- Basic knowledge of diplomatic and European Union priorities and strategies is required.
- At least 10 years of previous experience with police, security and/or international police development.
- Work experience in democratic police reform and development issues with or within Croatia Ministries of Interior or with recognized international police development organizations.
- Strong knowledge of IT administration and networking.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in cybercrime realm.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience in organizing cybercrime trainings to include but not limited to cyber forensics, cryptocurrencies, network intrusions, online undercover investigations, Darkweb and other cybercrime related areas.
- Speaking, reading, and writing English and Croatian-Level 4 (fluent).
- Knowledge of police, legal, and cyber-related terminology.
- Master’s Degree in IT or related field.
- Driver’s License
- Ability to lift heavy objects
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.