Latent Print Examiner II
Latent Print Examiner
Amentum is currently seeking a Latent Print Examiner II based in Fort Gillem, GA
May be required to travel OCONUS (as needed)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process IED evidence to develop latent prints using standard laboratory procedures. Processing methods include, but are not limited to, cyanoacrylate fuming, fluorescent dye stains, powders in suspension, ninhydrin and indanedione.
- Identify, label, and photograph latent prints on evidence.
- Photograph each latent print using proper photographic equipment and techniques.
- Analyze latent prints in Adobe Photoshop to determine suitability and submit to the Defense Forensic Biometric Agency (DFBA). This determination shall be in accordance with laboratory policy.
- Compare latent prints to known prints and make conclusions.
- Document all examination results/findings in the Weapons Technical Intelligence Exploitation Analysis Tool (WEAT) database.
- Annotate the case file documentation, detailing the processing techniques and the examination results.
- Interpret results for forensic and/or intelligence exploitation.
- Perform administrative and technical reviews of reports for fellow examiners.
- Maintaining proper chain of custody.
- Mix chemicals as required and perform quality checks on instruments and reagents.
- Maintain a clean laboratory and personal workspace environment, in accordance with laboratory procedures.
- 6 month overseas deployments
- Three (3) years of experience working in a lab performing Latent Print examinations and analysis on all types of materials to include porous, non-porous, and semi-porous materials.
- Experience using chemical, physical, and digital latent print examination techniques to produce a suitable print for comparison.
- Experience with utilizing and submitting to ABIS, AFIS, and/or other national databases.
- Professional certifications such as International Association of Identification (IAI).
- Have 20/20 vision or correctable to 20/20 vision with no detected color vision deficiencies.
- Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment.
- Must be able to successfully pass a skills assessment.
- Able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance Note: US Citizenship is required to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance.
- Must be able to complete and pass a medical assessment per customer requirements
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.