Water Treatment Plant Operator
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Water Treatment Plant Operator
Summary/General Description of Responsibilities:
- Performs duties related to the operation, maintenance and control of wastewater treatment facilities. Monitors equipment, gauges and charts; records data related to water quality to ensure water is properly treated before releasing it into the environment.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of raw water into treating plant.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of unique situations and problems encountered and identify and reports safety, environmental and other work requirements for resolution.
- Performs chemical treatment and analysis of drinking water systems using chlorine and fluoride IAW Clean Water Act, and DEQ regulations.
- Utilizes and interprets base plans and working drawings to determine work aids required to facilitate treatment of water and wastewater.
- Operates small all-terrain truck, forklift and towed trailers.
- Operates Water System consisting of deep wells, valves, chlorination stations, fluoride stations, swimming pools and above ground towers, domestic and industrial lift stations.
- Handles and controls water and industrial wastewater treatment using hazardous chemicals.
- Join pipe by use of screws, bolts, fittings, plastic solvent, and clamps joints.
- Operates maintains and repairs process units such as clarifiers, aeration basins pumps, valves and dewatering equipment that has a direct effect on the treatment process.
- Respond to and cleans up hazardous spills as required.
- Utilizes and interprets technical manuals, shop directives, blueprints, sketches, diagrams, and specifications, verbal and written instructions.
- Responsible for completing daily work order log documenting inspections, maintenance and repair information, to include work performed, materials used, and hours worked on each assigned work order.
- Adheres to proper security practices, foreign object damage procedures and airfield driving regulations, as applicable.
- Interfaces with customers and responsible for customer feedback, as applicable.
- Operates motor vehicles in accordance with company vehicle policies.
- Complies with applicable federal, state, United States Air Force (USAF) and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) environmental laws and regulations.
- Complies with health and safety rules and procedures; performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
- Will at all times wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Accurate, timely, and cost effective performance of duties.
- Working harmoniously with customers and fellow co-workers.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of all company and program related matters.
- Accountable for assigned tools, materials and equipment.
- Cleanliness and safety of shop and work areas.
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Current state driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of valid insurance.
- Minimum one (1) year experience as a water or waste water operator.
- Must have current Forty (40) hour HAZWOPER Certification.
- Must have current Class D or greater water and waste water operator licenses.
- Ability to obtain Class C water and waste water operator licenses within one year.
- Ability to obtain Class C water or waste water laboratory license required within one year.
- Must be available to work other shifts as directed, to include week-ends and holidays.
- Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary licenses/IDs/certifications.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology and applicable facility/infrastructure codes and standards.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional and courteous manner in diverse situations.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency and knowledge of a variety of hand and power tools.
- Demonstrated working ability read, write, speak and understand English.
- Two (2) years’ experience preferred as a water or waste water operator.
- Experience performing operations, chemical testing, maintenance and repairs to water distribution, collection, treatment, and utility plumbing systems, use technical manuals, bulletins or manufacturer’s specifications while performing maintenance.
- Military experience.
- Previous experience working on a military installation.
- Experience working on Tinker facilities.
This position may currently and/or in the future be required to obtain and retain a favorable National Agency Check (NAC) and/or Personal Clearance (PCL) as required by law or contract. Position requires pre-employment drug screening.
Amentum will never charge a recruiting fee.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.