Service Writer - VMF
Initiates equipment services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; writes repair orders; maintains customer rapport and records. Coordinates with Shop Foreman and Supervisor on job priorities and communicates job status to customers. Pulls reports from data in Maximo and formats for readability.
- Ascertains mechanical problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifies description of problems; conducts inspections; takes test drives; checks vehicle maintenance records; examines service schedules.
- Answers incoming phone calls, assists walk-in customers, and monitors Maximo and Outlook for repair requests and customer communication.
- Generates Maximo work orders and ascertains materials availability. Attaches job plans and assigns labor to work orders.
- Prepares Work Orders (WO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtains approval signatures when required.
- Coordinates with Shop Foreman and Supervisor on job priorities and assignments.
- Acts as liaison and Point Of Contact (POC) between the Vehicle Maintenance Facility and other departments on station for service requests.
- Documents work order progress and communicates issues with customers, Shop Foreman, and Supervisor.
- Maintains customer rapport by providing expected time of return for equipment; answers customer questions and concerns; schedules maintenance times with customers.
- Provides deadline reports and deferred maintenance reports to the Supervisor.
- Maintains equipment records by recording problems, corrective actions and updating Maximo asset status.
- May assist Shop Foreman with monitoring Maximo work order data to ensure data entry is accurate, timely, and complete. May also assist with Maximo control of material.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, responsible for reading manufacturers' publications.
- May need to train operators of light vehicles (pick-up trucks).
- Monitors and orders office and break room supplies.
- Manages shop-mouse tasking, lockers, uniforms and other administrative tasks needed for shop function.
- Enters training for department personnel in database and files documentation.
- Maintains a safe workplace and ensures that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education, Experience, Certificates and Licenses:
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in a vehicle maintenance shop/facility.
Expected Skills and Competencies:
- Must have computer experience, preferably with Windows 10 and Windows Office suite. Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must have experience with an asset management and electronic corrective maintenance program (Maximo preferred).
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate well to both management and front-line service workers.
- Must possess critical problem solving and decision-making ability.
- Must have ability to work with minimal supervision and frequent interruptions.
- Must be detail oriented and able to shift focus with changing priorities.
- Degree or technical school certification preferred.
- Experience with Fuel Master (or equivalent fuel management software) strongly preferred.
Physical and/or Other Requirements:
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods
- Successful completion of Medical and Dental examinations required by the NSF for deployment to Antarctica
- Successful completion of drug screening and background check required by employer
- Successful completion of Federal Background Check required by the NSF
- Must be willing and able to lift and move items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum as required by the position.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors in extreme cold as required by the position.
- Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse” (chores), “daisy-picking” (cleaning-up around the station), recycling efforts & safety objectives.
- Valid Driver’s License issued in the United States
- Must be able to obtain and maintain facility credentials/authorization. Note: US Citizenship is required for facility credentials/authorization at this work location.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.