Senior Controls Industrial Automation Engineer (130814500)
Our team is looking for a Senior Controls Engineer to join our team in Billerica, MA.
As the Senior Controls Engineer your main objective will be the design, procurement, implementation, and validation of automation and capital equipment. The ideal candidate will be responsible for hardware and software troubleshooting along with programming assistance to maintain current process control automation systems. The ideal candidate will collaborate with other engineers and operations personnel to shape the future state of the manufacturing facility and the plant software architecture.
- Ownership and Administration of all automation equipment in the factory.
- Specification of new equipment and integration to new and existing systems
- Identify, lead and support continuous improvement/new projects, developing detailed specifications, electrical drawings, implementation plans and other appropriate documentation.
- Provide technical analysis of troubleshooting related to electrical, instrumentation, I/O and other break/fix issues.
- Ownership of all documentation, source code and automation related hardware.
- Ownership of system architecture and collaboration with IT and other plants to streamline and push enterprise automation solutions
- Self-Motivated, capable of setting and reaching ambitious goals.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Hands on Experience with Industrial automation equipment. Desired experience with writing or executing commissioning documentation.
- Team player with great communication skills.
- In-depth experience with RSLogix 5000, RSLogix 500 and studio 5000 is required.
- Familiarity with other electrical equipment such as robots, vision systems distributed I/O, HMI, VFDs, and Motors.
- Knowledge of industrial networks such as but not limited to TCP, Ethernet/IP, modbus, etc...
- Ability to read and generate electrical schematics, panel layouts, safety systems and P&ID drawings using AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with Industry Standards such as NFPA 79, NFPA 70E, ISO 13849-1/IEC 62061, SEMI S22
- Familiarity with SPC software, integration and implementation.
- Experience with SQL, in specific MS-SQL.
- AutoCAD (or equivalent software) experience is required for panel layout work.
- The ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues is required.