Manufacturing Engineer (130609227)
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for working with various individuals in the development, implementation, and sustainment of world class manufacturing throughput. The Engineer demonstrates diligence utilizing the most efficient and effective methods of producing products and processes; has an innate emphasis on safety, ergonomic, quality, agility, problem solving and a process improvement mentality.
- Evaluate existing processes and implement new processes/automation techniques to improve product flow, part quality and first pass yields to reduce product cost and lead time.
- Create/revise part instructions and routings; train production and maintenance personnel on the use, set-up and trouble-shoot process.
- Initiate and lead lean-sigma projects to influence customer satisfaction, waste elimination, total product lead time reduction, cost effectiveness and product/system quality. Promote and implement use of continuous improvement tools to eliminate non-value-added activities.
- Work with manufacturing team to attain 100% on-time shipping performance by eliminating quality issues, improving capacity on bottle-neck processes and providing round-the-clock support.
- Lead 8D Problem Solving Teams in the failure analysis, root cause investigation, and corrective/preventative action activities to meet customer expectations.
- Participate in New Product Development projects and analyze results of, validation and qualification protocols for products, processes, and equipment. Lead the Release to Manufacturing process to release only capable processes to production.
- Develop ROI data for equipment and coordinates its design, purchase or construction, and implementation with emphasis on design of fixtures.
- Develop and update product development plans and schedules. Hold project team members accountable for completion of assigned tasks and activities.
- Author and/or review Standard Operating Processes, work instructions, test specifications, and other documents for accuracy using the ECO Process.
- Implement audit functions ensuring quality systems and products are consistent with internal documentation, standards, and customer requirements.
- BS degree; Engineering-related discipline and 3-5 years of professional experience. Strong communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge and experience with implementing Six Sigma, process improvements, DOE, Statistical Process Controls, Process capabilities studies, FMEA, process audits, Root Cause analysis and Problem-Solving Techniques.
- Knowledge and experience implementing manufacturing ergonomic and safety solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional departments such as Manufacturing, R&D, Product Management, and Process Engineering.
- Experience with SolidWorks, Microsoft Office and ERP systems skills (SAP desired).
- Proficiency in creating routings, work instructions, ECR/ECO process, Cost analysis, value stream mapping, project management, process monitoring (RJG, camLine), Fixturing/Tool designs.