Process Engineer, Life Sciences (130537794)
Entegris is looking to meet a talented individual who will drive our Life Science manufacturing and new product design culture towards one of robust, data driven excellence. You will be responsible for identifying and leading key manufacturing process improvement activities using your statistical, problem solving, and hands on engineering skills. Additionally, you will use structured problem solving to lead cross functional teams through challenging root cause investigations. This role will support all Entegris Life Science activities worldwide but with a primary focus on manufacture, assembly and application of our single use fluid handling components. This position is based within our Fluid Handling business headquarters in Bloomington, MN.
- Lead cross-functional teams to drive a strategy of continuous improvement in manufacturing process, quality by design, and proactive risk mitigation.
- Accelerate establishment of culture based on robust process control rooted in technical theory.
- Employ your deep technical and hands on expertise to assess processes and drive improvements either directly or with a team of internal or external resources depending on scope.
- Drive to close technology and information gaps within manufacturing processes by assembling and leading team of matrixed engineers and scientists
- Lead cross-functional teams on complex problem-solving projects driving product and process quality, field failure, and yield/productivity goals.
- Develop, coach, and train team members on structured problem solving tools and methods such as Practical Problem Solving, 8D, DMAIC and DFSS.
- Take initiative to apply expertise and innovation in support of business unit vision that addresses critical issues through long term solutions.
- BS in Mechanical, or related engineering field;
- 5+ years’ experience in process, equipment or manufacturing engineering;
- Strong statistical and problem-solving capability;
- Six Sigma Black Belt is a strong plus;
- Proven hands on technical knowledge developing and optimizing manufacturing processes;
- Demonstrated experience leading continuous improvement activities;
- Familiarity with operating under change control within a validated or regulated environment;
- Ability to manage multiple projects across several geographic locations;
- Experience driving collaboration within a cross organizational and cross functional team
- Willingness to work within a cleanroom;
- Experience with medical device or bioprocess system components a strong plus;
- Some travel (domestic and international) should be expected (20%).