Supplier Quality Engineer (129992347)
We are seeking a dynamic experienced Supplier Quality Engineer to provide a leadership role to our Ultra High Purity gas purification systems business in San Louis Obispo, CA. You will have a commitment to excellence and the energy to help develop and maintain a world class supplier quality system. In this role you will report to the Director of Global Supplier Quality and your primary responsibility will be to assess and manage supplier quality risk, supplier performance and improvement to ensure the continuity of the Entegris supply chain and our customer’s supply chain. You must be a leader that can work with significant autonomy and independent judgement to achieve Global Supplier Quality goals and Entegris corporate goals and lead continuous improvement projects with our critical/strategic suppliers. You will have the interpersonal skills to develop strong working relationships with both internal customers and our critical/strategic suppliers to enable more effective supplier management and improvement of supplier performance.
- Support new product development and the existing supplier base to lead onsite and remote/virtual assessments and qualifications of raw material suppliers, identifying gaps/opportunities, driving gap closure and continuous improvement actions/projects. Assure suppliers processes are aligned with Entegris Science expectations/standards/requirements.
- Drive advanced quality planning and process of record documentation with critical/strategic suppliers to assure suppliers are capable of meeting Entegris requirements.
- Own supplier process control system reviews (SPC trend reviews, measurement systems reviews). Proactively monitor supplier data for trends and OOC points and drive OCAPs as appropriate.
- Lead supplier product and process issue resolution during all phases of the product life cycle using structured problems solving tools to ensure effective root cause, corrective action, preventive action and validation.
- Initiate and coordinate supplier change notification through the Entegris internal change control system.
- Train suppliers on key supplier expectations and requirements such as Change Control and Non-Conforming Product
- Proactively identify potential supplier quality problems and opportunities; assesses impacts and risks, propose potential solutions.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the Entegris Supplier Quality Management System by identifying and proposing supplier quality management process improvements to meet industry and customer requirements.
- 4 Year Degree (B.S) in engineering/technical discipline - preferably in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Materials Engineering
- The candidate should demonstrate a broad technical understanding of mechanical fabrication and assembly.
- ASQ Certification or equivalent strongly desired
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Quality profession in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with data analysis, statistical analysis and structured problem solving methods.
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently having strong organizational skills
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional departments
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, total travel up to 20%