Quality Engineer (130154559)
Our team is looking for a quality engineer ready to lead and support manufacturing of liquid filtration products. With the fast pace of innovations in semiconductors, you must be able to drive the team’s use of quality tools that will lead to process efficiency, predictability and improved capability thus increasing internal and external customer satisfaction. Our ideal engineer and leader can look forward to working with a talented multi-disciplined international team to manage multiple complex projects with the use of a wide range of statistical and quality tools. We expect that you will collaborate, share, and be ready to learn in a team that partners closely with its customers.
- Be a leader in directing and advancing the Entegris Way quality mindset in accordance with defined policies and procedures. Complete analyses and audits on processes in order to drive improvements in safety, quality, change management, efficiency, and strategic customer initiatives.
- Be a data-driven, hands-on engineer that can also guide others in best practices that enhances our fully data-driven, risk-based thinking culture.
- Routinely work on multiple complex quality projects where analysis requires in-depth evaluation of factors. Exercise judgement in selecting methods, techniques, and valuation criteria for obtaining results.
- Take responsibility for quality activities that span from raw materials to end-customers’ products and needs. This includes validation and qualification of changes and new products or materials, customer complaint resolution, and continual improvements of our products and processes.
- Influence and lead a multi-disciplined international team to achieve strategic quality initiatives
- Be ready to learn. Entegris is committed to continual learning. This position includes the opportunity to complete comprehensive statistical toolset training and offers a range of career development opportunities that allow for international leadership exposure and influence up to the executive level.
- Ability to understand and interpret data and mentor others in the use of various statistical tools
- Demonstrated application of risk-based thinking and root cause analysis tools
- Ability to communicate persuasively with internal and external customers
- Ability to influence across the team, including with international members
- Ability to lead problem solving teams that include driving to root cause & implementing change
- Minimally a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical discipline
- Minimally 5-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with a significant amount of that time successfully leading quality related initiatives