Senior Supplier Quality Engineer (130814019)
We are seeking a dynamic Supplier Quality Engineer to provide a leadership role to our Specialty Chemicals and Engineered Materials (SCEM) division with a commitment to excellence and the energy to help develop a world class supplier quality organization. In this role your primary responsibility will be to assess and manage supplier risk, performance, and improvement to ensure the continuity of the Entegris supply chain and our customer’s supply chain. You must be a leader that can work with significant autonomy and independent judgement to achieve Global Supplier Quality goals and Entegris corporate goals and lead continuous improvement projects with our critical/strategic suppliers. You will have the interpersonal skills to develop strong working relationships with both internal customers and our critical/strategic suppliers to enable more effective supplier management and improvement of supplier performance.
- Support new product development and the existing supplier base to lead onsite/virtual assessment and qualification of materials suppliers, identifying gaps/opportunities, driving gap closure and continuous improvement actions/projects.
- Drive advanced quality planning and process of record documentation with critical/strategic suppliers.
- Own supplier process control system reviews (SPC trend reviews, metrology/SPC systems reviews).
- Initiate and coordinate supplier change notification through the Entegris internal change control system.
- Proactively assess supplier risk and plan for appropriate risk mitigation (business continuity planning).
- Train suppliers on key supplier expectations and requirements such as Change Control.
- Anticipate potential supplier quality management problems and opportunities; assesses impacts and risks, propose potential solutions.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the Entegris Supplier Quality Management System by identifying and proposing supplier quality management process improvements to meet our industry and customer requirements.
- 4 Year Degree (B.S) in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or equivalent.
- The candidate must demonstrate a broad technical understanding of chemical product development, chemical manufacturing, and chemical analytics
- Direct experience with quality systems and supplier quality management
- ASQ Certification or equivalent strongly desired
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in chemical manufacturing, semiconductor manufacturing or related industry
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, total travel up to 20%
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently having strong organizational skills
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional departments