Environmental Health & Safety Fall Co-Op - July-December 2021 (131010540)
We are excited to bring eager, talented students on board and provide them with an unparalleled co-op experience. The Entegris Campus Program consists of real work experience, cross-functional learning and development opportunities, and a variety of social and volunteering events.
As part of the Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) team, the EHS co-op will assist in providing a safe workplace and protection of the environment through:
- Review of site Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout Tagout) Equipment Specific procedures and revising them to comply with the newly implemented corporate standard.
- Conducting Job Safety Assessments (JSA) to assure EHS risks are identified and adequate controls are identified for implementation including equipment design, personal protective equipment, ergonomics, and protection of the environment.
- Participating in the site ISO14001/OHSAS18001 EHS Management System development including documentation and training employees on elements of the ISO standard.
- Implementing components of a web-based chemical management program.
- Understand the application of the OSHA Control of Hazardous Energy standard in practice and implementation of a major program revision in a manufacturing environment.
- Learn the requirements and benefits of an EHS Management System & complete tasks to assist in achieving 3rd party certification and driving EHS excellence in the organization.
- Learn methods of evaluating manufacturing and R&D processes to reduce risk and assure employees are safe. Outcome will be proficiency in the JSAs, Personal Protective Equipment assessments, and Lockout-Tagout processes and complete several evaluations on your own.
- Critical thinking skills to evaluate multiple pieces of information, organize it, and make recommendations based on logic and sound judgement.
- Self-motivated and attentive to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable training and presenting to groups.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Able to learn and use databases for information storage, use, and updates.
- Understanding of basic mechanical systems is a plus.
- Desired Major: Occupational Health & Safety, Basic Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, etc) Mechanical Engineering
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program with a graduation date of December 2021 or later.