Environmental Health & Safety Manager, Specialty Chemicals (130101142)
Entegris is seeking a highly interactive hands-on EHS Manager to manage all aspects of environmental health, and safety (EHS) for the Decatur, TX location. In this fast-paced environment you will champion EHS processes to drive the development of a world class safety culture at all levels of the organization.
Entegris is a dynamic growth oriented global leader in advanced materials science. For more than 50 years, our singular mission has been to help customers utilize our advanced, science-based solutions to support a safer workplace; to innovate faster and more efficiently; and ultimately to transform the world. We are looking for individuals who share the same philosophy of working with people and teams to improve their lives, of problem solving by applying best practices for a safer workplace, and by bringing creativity and innovation with a dedication to excellence.
- Manage EHS operations in alignment with company business strategy, and within assigned budget and manage risks to avoid unplanned impacts to company operations and Annual Operating Plan (AOP);
- Work with corporate EHS to develop or modify, plan and implement site environmental health, safety and security procedures and programs to ensure alignment with Corporate EHS Policies, goals and objectives.
- Ensure the site is responsible and complies with applicable EHS governmental regulations, legal requirements and handles all contact with appropriate agencies;
- Communicate the EHS management system structure and strategy to all departments;
- Communicate the role each employee plays in satisfying the requirements of EHS programs;
- Drive cross functional activities with site leadership teams to continuously improve EHS processes that will enable alignment of corporate programs and minimize the impact that compliance will have on the company;
- Drive cross functional continuous improvement activities with operators, technicians, engineers and front-line employees to create a world class safety culture;
- Manage site environmental health and safety teams, including the Emergency Response Team (ERT) and the site Safety, Ergonomic and Environmental Committee. Select, develop and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function;
- Ensure required regulatory and internal performance metric reports are submitted accurately and within established deadlines;
- Develop and oversee company EHS training programs for site employees;
- Manage and coach 1 direct report;
- Serve as point of contact with agency and governmental emergency personnel.
- B.S. in Environmental or Safety Science, or B.S. Applied Sciences;
- 8 + years of direct and progressive EHS experience within an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ISO14001 and ISO45001 a plus