Environmental Health & Safety Fall Co-op - July-December 2021 (131320695)
We are excited to bring eager, talented students on board and provide them with an unparalleled co-op experience. The Entegris Campus Program consists of real work experience, cross-functional learning and development opportunities, and a variety of social and volunteering events.
Over the past several years, Environmental Health & Safety initiatives have played an important role within the culture of Entegris. Our company is ushering in a new safety culture and with it comes many new initiatives and policies. This internship will be an important catalyst to help implement and drive these new initiatives, as well as sustaining current programs.
- The intern will drive the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) Program. This position will work directly with various facility employees on identifying job tasks that warrant a JSA. The intern will work with the JSA subcommittee on recruiting additional participants to complete JSAs, entering them into a corporate database, and then determining a need for adding ergonomic assessments to the process.
- This position will drive the Environmental Sustainability Program by targeting specific operations and developing a list of potential environmental sustainability opportunities. He or she will develop and present opinions as to which are the best opportunities. These opportunities will also be the foundation for the site’s environmental objectives and targets.
- The EHS intern will drive the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) program. He or she will develop a matrix, and based off industry standards, and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) recommendations, populate it with required PPE for each job within the facility.
- The EHS intern will facilitate the lockout/tagout program. He or she will continue to develop the LOTO procedures, which will help to ensure a safe working environment for our employees.
- Self-Motivated, willing to take direction and complete projects as requested, ability to communicate in a professional manner with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent computer skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); ability to use Outlook platform.
- Desired Major: Environmental Sciences, Safety or Occupational Health
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program with a graduation date of December 2021 or later