Environmental Health and Safety Fall Co-op - July-December 2021 (131320823)
We are excited to bring eager, talented students on board and provide them with an unparalleled co-op experience. The Entegris Campus Program consists of real work experience, cross-functional learning and development opportunities, and a variety of social and volunteering events.
The EHS intern is to ensure Entegris meets its compliance objectives by defining and implementing best practice solutions by working cooperatively across departments with various stakeholders from front line operators to the site director. Significant EHS projects include the control of hazardous energy (lockout/tagout) ECP development, ergonomics control solutions in blending operations, and environmental sustainability for air monitoring operations.
- Project: Control of Hazardous Energy Initiative to create, integrate and implement annual audit into operations. Improves ability to eliminate serious injury and death.
- Project: Ergonomic Sustainability through engineering controls - analysis and design of ergonomic material lifting in blends for catechol and choline-based products will relieve manual handling of 55lb feed bags. Improves ability to eliminate serious injury, lost time accident rate and worker compensation costs.
- Project: Industrial hygiene assessment and monitoring to ensure employee health is protected and that OSHA AL/PEL are not exceeded, and exhaust controls are operational. Targets include acids, TMP, TEOS. Improves ability to eliminate acute and chronic health injury among employees.
- Outgoing and cooperative to work cross-functionally
- Extensive laboratory experience
- Project Management
- Interfacing with manufacturing engineering, operations, new product development, and facilities teams
- Hands-on ability with chemical processing equipment, and air and water testing instrumentation
- Experience with excel and pivot tables
- Good analytical skills in assessing relevance and accuracy of data
- Working with third party laboratories and consultants regarding factory HVAC systems, and monitoring data analysis.
- Desired Major: Chemistry, Biology, Safety, Environmental
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program with a graduation date of December 2021 or later.