Scientist III (129900339)
Entegris is growing! Come help design, deliver, and optimize the products that help produce some of the most important semiconductor devices in the world. Be a part of a team and organization that is pushing the boundaries of chemical manufacturing and analytical chemistry!
As a Project Chemist for our Advanced Deposition Materials business, you will support several of our product development teams as well as be responsible for the metrology roadmap and analytical method development for the product area. In line with our values, which is fostering an environment of teamwork, you will have an opportunity to collaborate with technicians, scientists, engineers, leadership, sales & marketing and global technical team members.
- Be responsible for analytical technical leadership for the R&D laboratory team in Burnet, TX;
- Use product and testing expertise to collaborate with internal and external customers to determine root causes in product development and quality problems;
- Respond to customers’ feedback on technical problems and improve product value as well as customer satisfaction;
- Test and help develop new analytical methods for internal and external customers;
- Solve customers’ quality complaints and provide solutions to their technical issues;
- Participate in technology exchanges with customers by visiting and tele-conferencing;
- Promote Entegris’ image by participating industrial conferences and seminar;
- Be involved with continuous training on the various analytical techniques and methods.
- Master of Science or Ph.D. in chemistry, physics or engineering preferred; Bachelor of Science in chemistry, physics or engineering acceptable with 7+ years of experience;
- Lab instrument operations and maintenance experience required for some but not all of the following equipment: KF titration, GC/GC-MS, IC/IC-MS, LC/LC-MS, STA, FTIR, Raman, NMR, ICP-MS, ICP-AES;
- Hands on experience with sample preparation techniques for complex matrices;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects with challenging needs;
- Willing to work with potentially dangerous chemistries using industry standard safety protocols;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with a passion for learning and teaching;
- Self-starting leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Basic computer knowledge, including MS Office (proficiency in excel);
- Ability to travel 10% of time, some international (once travel restrictions are lifted).
Highly Preferred skills:
- Experience with Semiconductor analytical method development requirements (protocols for determining instrument/method detection limits, accuracy, linearity, precision and robustness);
- Intimate knowledge of instrument software controls to eliminate manual manipulation of data strongly preferred;
- LIMS experience;
- JMP and Minitab statistical software experience;
- Prior experience working in a chemical / gas manufacturing environment;
- Experience with applicable quality tools such as control chart trend analysis, SQC/SPC, process mapping, design of experiments and CAPA.