Scientist III (130100822)
Entegris is growing! Come help design, deliver, and optimize the products that help produce some of the most important semiconductor devices in the world. Be a part of a team and organization that is pushing the boundaries of chemical manufacturing and analytical chemistry!
As a Project Chemist for our Advanced Deposition Materials business, you will support several of our product development teams as well as be responsible for the metrology roadmap and analytical method development for the product area. In line with our values, which is fostering an environment of teamwork, you will have an opportunity to collaborate with technicians, scientists, engineers, leadership, sales & marketing and global technical team members.
The ideal candidate will be results-oriented and continuous improvement-minded, with solid knowledge of chemistry, materials science & physics, and familiarity with semiconductor device materials, structures, and metrology.
- Responsible for analytical technical leadership for the R&D laboratory team in Burnet, TX
- Uses product and testing expertise to collaborate with internal and external customers to determine root causes in product development and quality problems
- Responds to customers’ feedback on technical problems and improve product value as well as customer satisfaction
- Tests and develops new analytical methods for internal and external customers
- Solves customers’ quality complaints and provide solutions to their technical issues
- Participates in technology exchanges with customers by visiting and tele-conferencing
- Promotes Entegris’ image by participating in conferences and seminars
- Continuous training on various analytical techniques and methods
- Master of Science or Ph.D. in chemistry, physics or engineering preferred; Bachelor of Science in chemistry, physics or engineering acceptable with 7+ years of experience
- Lab instrument operations and maintenance experience required for some but not all of the following equipment: KF titration, GC/GC-MS, IC/IC-MS, LC/LC-MS, STA, FTIR, Raman, NMR, ICP-MS, ICP-AES
- Must have hands on experience with sample preparation techniques for complex matrices
- Must be willing to work with potentially dangerous chemistries using industry standard safety protocols
- Experience with Semiconductor analytical method development requirements strongly preferred (protocols for determining instrument/method detection limits, accuracy, linearity, precision and robustness)
- Intimate knowledge of instrument software controls to eliminate manual manipulation of data strongly preferred
- Basic computer knowledge, including MS Office required; must be proficient in excel
- LIMS experience preferred
- JMP and Minitab statistical software experience preferred
- Prior experience working in a chemical / gas manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience with applicable quality tools such as control chart trend analysis, SQC/SPC, process mapping, design of experiments and CAPA preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with a passion for learning and teaching
- Self-starting leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be responsible for more than one project at a time
- Ability to operate in a global environment
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to face difficult and challenging situations
- Ability to travel 10% of time, some international.