Senior Scientist (130814296)
The person in this role brings polymer chemistry and membrane science core expertise to innovate novel polymeric membranes for semiconductor applications. This individual will study a wide variety of polymers for their compatibility with the phase inversion membrane processes, in collaboration with Micro Contamination BU R&D Teams. This position also involves driving external strategic research partnerships for membrane proof-of-concept studies with new polymers. The person in this role should have an advanced degree in Chemical Engineering or Polymer Chemistry, demonstrated research experience in membrane science, should be able to work in a team environment, perform hands-on work in chemical laboratories, excited to conduct applied polymer research and contribute to innovation. This position is in the office of CTO, reporting to Sr. Director. The position is based in Billerica, MA
- Investigate novel classes of polymers for porous membranes for their use in semiconductor filtration product technologies.
- Develop comprehensive understanding polymer solubility parameters and establish structure-property correlations
- Characterize and validate new polymers and membranes against target specifications.
- Collaborate with Liquid Micro Contamination BU R&D Teams to demonstrate feasibility of novel membrane platforms.
- Drive external partnerships for membrane proof-of-concept studies and early R&D work.
- Engage with cross-divisional teams to drive technology innovation
- Contribute strongly to the IP and technology innovation
- Be an exemplary model of Entegris PACE values
- PhD. in Chemical Engineering or Polymer Chemistry
- Demonstrated research experience on membrane science
- 1-3 years of professional experience, preferably in semiconductor industry.
- Ability to lead materials research projects and contribute to innovation
- Advanced materials characterization skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills