Metrology Scientist Fall Co-Op - July-December 2021 (130943270)
We are excited to bring eager, talented students on board and provide them with an unparalleled co-op experience. The Entegris Campus Program consists of real work experience, cross-functional learning and development opportunities, and a variety of social and volunteering events.
The Metrology Scientist Co-op is responsible for performing experiments to evaluate liquid filtration and purification products in our Metrology Labs. Furthermore, this position includes the development of new organic analysis method to evaluate different filter and purifier materials to support membrane R&D and NPD on developing leading edge filtration and purification products. Co-op will gain valuable experience in semi-conductor filter/purifier testing while being given a developmental opportunity in an industrial setting.
- Prepare samples and perform trace level metals test by ICP-MS
- Support the senior scientist on developing new method for detection of sub 20 nm particles using single nanoparticle ICP-MS.
- Design and Perform method alignment with other labs.
- Analyze test results and provide recommendations for optimizing testing method.
- Maintain accurate records and document the new testing method.
- Present project progress in group meetings.
- Desired Major: sophomore and above student in chemistry, material science, or chemical engineering.
- Experience in handling chemicals, operating laboratory equipment, generating and interpreting data.
- The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, and able to work well in a fast-paced environment, demonstrate clear communication skills, and be motivated to learn.
- Knowledge of nanoparticles and analytical chemistry basic is a plus.
- Knowledge in ICP-MS is a plus
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program with a graduation date of December 2021 or later