Analytical Scientist (130322552)
Entegris is seeking an experienced Analytical Scientist who will work on cutting edge techniques to push our metrology capabilities for our specialty gases products to the next level. Come help design, deliver, and optimize the products that help produce some of the most important semiconductor devices in the world! You will develop new analytical methods, lead various analytical capability improvements, maintain analytical equipment, and develop new products/ improving current products. Additionally, you will support customer requests and work closely and effectively with Sales, Marketing, Research and Engineering. This role is based in Danbury, CT.
- Responsible for analytical technical leadership for the R&D laboratory team
- Safely perform gas phase analysis to support current product, new product development and customer requests
- Develop new analytical methods for measuring trace and assay impurities in gas phase products
- Continuous improvement for existing analytical methods to meet growing customer demand
- Establish detection limits, accuracy, precision and stability for analytical methods via MSA methodology
- Support analytical development projects on a global scale to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Provide technical support to sales, marketing and global R&D
- Maintain and support lab practices and documentation per relevant ISO 17025 and 9001 requirements
- Train other team members on analytical instruments, methods, SOP’s, etc.
- Maintain and troubleshoot instrumentation including ICP-MS, FTIR, GC, CRDS, RGA, etc.
- 10~20% travel, both domestic and international, to support customer and business unit and develop technical skills (once travel restrictions are lifted)
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering required, Masters or PhD is preferred
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience working in or leading a lab, with focus on analytical instrument operation, data analysis and method development
- ICP-MS, GC-ICP-MS or GC-ICP-OES experience
- Experience interfacing with customers on technical issue resolution
- Team player attitude with a desire for excellence and continuous improvement
- Flexible - ability to rapidly respond to new situations and perform multiple tasks
- Certifications or training in Six Sigma, SEMI, ISO, etc., are a plus
- Ability to perform SCBA (will provide training) or prior training/certification is required