Corporate Strategy Group Research Internship - Minnetonka, MN - Year Round Internship
Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You’ll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
The Corporate Strategy Group functions as an in-house strategy consulting group for the company. Projects are completed at the request of the senior leadership of UnitedHealth Groups business segments. Projects cover a broad functional spectrum and include business development, operations, pricing and bid strategy, M&A due diligence, public policy, portfolio analysis and market and competitive intelligence. The Corporate Strategy Group is a relatively flat organization with all team members working together to ensure the best possible work product.
**This year-round internship position will be available starting as soon as possible**
**H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position**
- Perform market research and competitive intelligence and distill findings
- Review and synthesize research reports
- Track and analyze data to identify trends and emerging issues
- Developing written content in an effective and timely manner
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college / university. Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Available to intern year-round (part time (15-20 hours) in the spring / fall, full time (35-40 hours) in the summer)
- Ability to have reliable transportation to perform this role in an office setting, however, may be able to work from home periodically
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Internship experience
- Experience solving analytical problems, creative thinking, and attention to detail
- Experience with written and verbal communication skills
- Experience performing data analysis, and interpreting and summarizing results
- Expertise in Word and Excel and proficiency in PowerPoint
- Passionate about health care
- Highly motivated with sound judgment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a high-functioning close-knit team
- Prepared to make immediate contributions
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.