Virtual Care Team Advanced Practice Clinician- Part-time Evenings -Reliant Medical Group
As part of OptumCare, Reliant Medical Group is seeking a Part-time Advanced Practice Clinician to join our Virtual Care Team in Massachusetts providing evening coverage. Position is currently available for 100% remote Telemedicine in Primary and Urgent Care. Candidates must have an active MA license and must be physically located in MA or a border state.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience providing primary, urgent and/or emergency care with a proven ability to work independently. Fullscope family practice experience is required to see patients of all ages (4+). Telehealth experience preferred but not required. Bilingual (Spanish and/or Portuguese) preferred but not required.
- Evening coverage from 5pm- 11pm
- Set rotating schedule of 3-4 shifts per week with rotating weekend coverage
- Encourage the medical care team in providing appropriate care in accordance with their duties and obligations
- Provide continuous availability for medical questions to the patient care staff and patients
- Adhere to privacy, compliance, and quality programs and other regulatory and compliance standards within the practice
- Comply with local, state and federal laws and regulations to provide safe health care services
- Provide patient-centered, comprehensive virtual primary care and urgent care services consistent with the patient-centered medical home care delivery model
- Consult with patients, discuss their healthcare needs and offer advice
- Prescribe medication as indicated
- Diagnose illnesses and offer prognoses in the selection of suitable treatment plans for all patients including participation in the selection of cost-effective treatment modalities in collaboration with the current Reliant Primary Care and Urgent Care teams
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can’t do it alone – this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- Reliant is a top performer of the Quadruple Aim initiative in Massachusetts
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights
- Compensation based on quality, not quantity
- Dedicated CME Time & Allowance
- Excellent PTO package
- Robust retirement package including employer funded contributions
- Company paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage
- Physician partnership opportunities with OptumCare
About Reliant Medical Group
At Reliant Medical Group, transforming the delivery of health care across Central and Boston Metro-west Massachusetts is our passion. Founded in 1929, we are an established multi-specialty, physician led integrated healthcare delivery system, with 500 providers that care for over 325,000 patients throughout our 19 locations. Recognized nationally for an innovative, sustainable care model and advanced EHR platform, we offer a full range of outpatient primary care and over 30 different specialties including hospital medicine, comprehensive radiology services, and urgent care.
Reliant Medical Group has a long history of commitment to value-based care and clinical excellence. The organization exceeds the 90th percentile in most HEDIS measures, is among the top provider groups nationally in patient experience and provides care at a cost well below market competitors. Reliant is also committed to the provider experience and understands that the best path to better patient care is by ensuring that providers and staff are happy, engaged, and productive.
The Central Massachusetts area offers four season living (boating, biking, hiking, golfing and skiing), affordable housing prices, top-ranking schools, and thriving retail and entertainment districts and easy travel destinations to Boston, MA; Hartford, CT; New York City, NY; Providence, RI; Hampton, NH; and Portland, ME.
- Unlimited Licensure in the state of Massachusetts
- Active DEA License
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
The OptumCare Story:
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.