For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Manager role is responsible for leading a team that collaborates with MCOs to improve integrated care management activities as well as other case management functions.
This role is primarily a *telecommuting position. This role will be managing relationships and collaborating with MCO key stakeholders and may be required to meet in person throughout Baltimore.
- Oversee team of case managers that facilitate collaboration and care integration activities with the nine MCOs in Maryland and performs case management for participants who have complex care needs and/or high utilization of healthcare services
- Develop processes and policies for MCO collaboration
- Outreach to and communicate routinely with MCOs for process improvement and enhanced participant outcomes, in collaboration with the Medical Director and Director of Quality Improvement
- Resolve problems and provide guidance on issues related to MCO collaboration
- Consult on the production and use of data, reporting and analytics for successful care coordination of children in foster care, individuals with comorbid conditions, and those with high utilization of services
- Lead internal and external case rounds with MDH, BHA and MCOs
- Attend meetings with MDH, providers, and other key stakeholders in Maryland public behavioral health system
- Collaborate with LBHAs, CSAs and ACCUs to coordinate care as needed
- Collaborate with Optum UM and other internal departments as needed
- Report and discuss key metrics, strategic progress, key challenges and mitigation plans and other topics related to case management as needed
- Oversee the crisis line
- Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling; OR Ph.D in Psychology; OR Masters-prepared Registered Nurse with psychiatric experience
- Active, unrestricted Maryland license as an independent behavioral health provider
- 5+ years of experience with mental health and substance abuse disorders
- 2+ years of supervisory/leadership experience
- Experience working in government-funded services
- Experience working with healthcare entities and MCOs
- Understanding of the Maryland Behavioral Health system of care, the key stakeholders, the services available, and the criteria for receiving services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Distraction-free space in home for home office
- Access to high-speed internet
- Available to meet with key stakeholders, in person, throughout Baltimore and surrounding areas
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Maryland residence
- Experience in supervising remote behavioral health professionals
- Experience working with peer support specialists
- Managed care and/or utilization review experience
- Experience working with facility/group-based care advocacy
- Working knowledge of Medicaid benefit plans
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state, and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.